Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The best bands in the world are Motley Crue/Poison/Dio/Nightranger !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bunny.:

The reason Wes Montgomery SuCkEd is because he had no distortion. How can you rOcK if you haven't any distortion???

Exactly,our esteemed leader and inspiration Ted Nugent claimed if he saw any guitarist playin while sitting down he'd beat the crap out of him,including Fripp.Now that's what I call an intelligent and insightful musical point of view!
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

He looks like he's about my grandson Preston's age...

http://tedster.net/prespom2.jpg

Well, this was last fall. Preston's about 20 mos. old now. We'll have to get these two goobers together and let 'em terrorize Sesame Street sometime... :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Major thread hijacking in progress. Not that it really matters in this one. :P

Tristan just turned one in February. My second is 2 years and four months. Tristan, Preston, and Chase (wow, those names!) are pretty much contemporaries. They'd probably all get along smashingly.

I'll look for a good pic of Chase. :)

I wouldn't call them the best bands in the world, but I grew up on some of them and there's some songs that still stick. Night Ranger's guitar players were freakin' great. There were some good songs, too. They made it fun to learn guitar.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

Journey can rock all your asses off! Wait a minute, what am I saying? Yeah LOVERBOY! Yay! Everybody's working for the weekend. Best song ever written by a bunch of hacks hired by a bunch of record company hacks! YAY!!!! OH shit Hanson rocks, and The Back Street Boys were highly UNDER RATED, Oh fuck why did I say that? BEASTIE BOYS, best heavy metal band EVER!!!! What? Oh yeah I knew that.

I went to see Eddie Money last year and Loverboy openend up. Boy what a shock. They were one of the best bands of top notch musicians I have ever seen. All grey haired guys in their fifties each one was a show on their own. The bassist was by far the best I have ever seen in a rock band with the drummer not far behind. The singer was flawless and the guitarist would have made Frampton jealous. You can never judge a band by the few overplayed hits they have on the radio. Paul.

Originally posted by Alndlnbot:

Exactly,our esteemed leader and inspiration Ted Nugent claimed if he saw any guitarist playin while sitting down he'd beat the crap out of him,including Fripp.Now that's what I call an intelligent and insightful musical point of view!

I also understand that some years ago he made a bid to buy Muzak for the sole purpose of shutting them down. :thu:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Super 8:

I also understand that some years ago he made a bid to buy Muzak for the sole purpose of shutting them down. :thu:
Yeah he was jealous of the music. Seems he can't make any.

Do you get alot of requests for Nugent in the garage?

Have you recorded an MP3 today?

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Journey can rock all your asses off! Wait a minute, what am I saying? Yeah LOVERBOY! Yay! Everybody's working for the weekend. Best song ever written by a bunch of hacks hired by a bunch of record company hacks! YAY!!!! OH shit Hanson rocks, and The Back Street Boys were highly UNDER RATED, Oh fuck why did I say that? BEASTIE BOYS, best heavy metal band EVER!!!! What? Oh yeah I knew that.

'Hot Girls in Love', too. I enjoyed Loverboy's tunes. They were always well written and fun.

Journey too. Great band. Great tunes. The best ballads. Maybe you don't care about ballads, but when you are in high school and you want a babe pressed against you during a Rec Night, suddenly those ballads make ALL the difference. :D

Night Ranger: "Don't Tell Me You Love Me", "You Can Still Rock in America"....good stuff. Yeah, the guitar work was really good. Two good singers in the band. I remember watching them on MTV before school. And then people at school would be like; "Hey did you see that new Night Ranger video?" Fun times.

What about REO Speedwagen? I had some of there albums when I was in Junior High....'Hi Infidelity' comes to mind. Lots of good stuff.

Better not forget Boston.

I'll throw Quiet Riot into the mix, just for fun....'Metal Health', 'Cum on Feel the Noize'. Even the chicks liked Quiet Riot!

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Bunny.:

The reason Wes Montgomery SuCkEd is because he had no distortion. How can you rOcK if you haven't any distortion???

I find when I sit, I don't get any scratches on the back of my prized guitars. I'm also able to concentrate much better.

So you suppose Ted "Genius" Nugent owns any Kenny Burrell or Segovia CDs?

Originally posted by Super 8:

Actually Nugent is a great guitar player.

Perhaps in what you refer to as "your mind". Most of us who have actually taken lessons and music theory would reject that statement for the sheer BS that it is.

There's a big world of music outside your garage. Don't be scared.

Originally posted by TheWewus:

You mean the elevator music...... on the ride to hell?

Sorry, I wouldn't know what that is. If you mean music devoid of heavy metal cliches, rapping, screaming, or containing devil worship lyrics, yeah, I'm guilty. Being instrumental helps. Sticking within the confines of fusion and jazz helps too in that regard.

Given the choice of sounding remotely like Yngwie or Larry Carlton, which would you opt for, WeeWee?

Archived