Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Why Me & Him / Why You ?

d  halfnote

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, we get some strong wind rains, forest fires, earthquakes and heatwaves. But, those that are facing hurricanes and tornados back east are always in our prayers as they seem to come around every year... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Just got an e-mail back from my friend in Ocala. Said huricanes don't bother them much in that location, but Irma is something else and though for now they're staying put, if it gets more intense they're prepared to vamoose.

Said to pass the time he's working out various arrangements for "Stormy Weather". :D

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Hope your friends are OK...the report I heard this morning was winds were down to 100 mph and Irma is downgraded to a Cat 2 or less. Should clear Florida on Tuesday. Just heard a radio report that winds are now down to 70 mph...glad to hear your buddy has a sense of humor and is working out on Stormy Weather. I'm sure a lot of people will be having a reason to sing the blues out there. Sending all of them our best wishes... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Hope everyone is doing well in Texas and Florida. We've had an abnormal number of typhones this year, earlier than normal. We are expecting 5 this month. The anxiety is almost unbearable. So for all my friends, and everyone, in harm's way my thoughts are with you. We haven't taken a direct hit yet, so I can't begin to imagine what people in the the path of the storm are going through.

P.S. add Georgia, Louisiana and any place else that may be effected as the storm moves inland.

Those are good thoughts JuJu, and it seems we get so wrapped up in these things here that many in the U.S. tend to forget people and countries on your side of the globe face similar troubles. I hope none of the typhoons they face cause as much trouble and destruction.

To those who might think "Global warming" is just a "scam":

Then please offer some intelligent sounding explanation for the inordinate frequency and power of these recent weather anomalies please.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived