Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Must be Friday...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, Tedster,

I should've been in bed two hours ago, but I've had my nose stuck into some hacking attempts being made on my server for the main web site. I'm about to drop though... time to go to bed for an early to rise morning.

Thought I'd say goodnight and have a nice night, although I know you're working and are limited as to what you can do for entertainment.

HA! You know, a thought just occurred to me. I was thinking about the people of the far northwest European continent, the Finns and the Lapps. I was wondering if their traditional dances were referred to as "Lapp dances".

Funny how your mind wanders when you're bored.

Hi, Ani!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Yeah, Ted, I'd say you're tired. That doesn't mean that I won't use that line somewhere though, it's just gonna have to be on someone who knows a little about geography.

Btw, who's your avatar? Looks familiar but...

--

Rob

I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

Originally posted by Tedster:

HA! You know, a thought just occurred to me. I was thinking about the people of the far northwest European continent, the Finns and the Lapps. I was wondering if their traditional dances were referred to as "Lapp dances".

As a matter of fact, they are. I have heard the dancers referred to as Lapp dancers. Illegal in LA, from what I hear (such a pure and unspoiled place!) :D

The Black Knight always triumphs!

I just came back from a show at a 1,200 seat civic auditorium.... album release show for a band I produced, with another band I produced as one of the three opening bands. I show up about midway through the first band, to be immediately grabbed by the headliner's drummer. They want me to mix the FOH for the whole show. Well, okay - if it's cool with the sound company.... turns out they had semi - okay gear as far as the PA amps, speakers and board but next to ziltch for outboard, and little clue as to how to set it all up and less about how to mix. And they freely admitted it. :rolleyes:

No soundcheck, and I didn't know two of the acts, DJ and MC between acts and the topper - they completely changed channel assignments onstage for the headliner - and the "sound guys" handed me the new channel assignment sheet literally as the headliners hit the stage.

Have I mentioned I HATE doing live sound? :mad:

In spite of it all, everyone - audience, bands, etc. seemed to think it went okay. It was a nightmare for me, but it's over. Never again... until next time. :rolleyes:

Have I mentioned I HATE doing live sound? :mad:

Trust me - I would have traded any of you for your desk jobs - especially Tedster's. I might have been able to get some sleep. ;):D

Speaking of sleep - gotta hit the rack - got a fairly early session tomorrow.

Originally posted by Mats Olsson.:

Phil, this is news to me. I did not know that Tedster ever sleeps.

Tedster never sleeps. And Bunny never sleeps either...

I've heard 'em both say that "sleep is overated... I'll sleep when I'm dead!" -or something. :thu:

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived