Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is Crumar/GSI announcing?

jeffincltnc

Does anybody have the real insight into what Crumar/GSI is announcing as their new product?

They put up a teaser on their Facebook page with product photos and years:

2008 - Hamichord

2011 - Mojo

2013 - Burn

2014 - DMC-122

2015 - Gemini

2016 - Mojo 61

Lots of speculation as to what it could be. A dealer who I had been talking to about a DMC-122/Gemini combo just offered me a very aggressive discount kind of randomly and out of the blue, but I had not gone in that direction based on the user reviews on this forum.

Wondering what they are planning to release next if anyone knows. If Summer NAMM 2017 is going on this week thought we might have heard something given the timing of this teaser.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...A dealer who I had been talking to about a DMC-122/Gemini combo just offered me a very aggressive discount kind of randomly and out of the blue, but I had not gone in that direction based on the user reviews on this forum...

I don't quite get how some folks have a negative view of the DMC-122/Gemini. For straight up B3 emulation, it's equal to or better than anything else out there. It's a Mojo. But then there are all of the other sounds, many of which are really, really good. And for a very fair price.

I could sell the heck out of these if I was still in MI retail. ;)

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

A Clavinet that begins on Eb?

:snax:

Just think, all of those great licks recorded over the years on real clavinets that start with a lower F. What were all of those keyboardists thinking anyway? :)

On the other hand, that is one of several things that would be nice to see changed. But it isn't exactly a negative to try to be authentic and true to the instrument being emulated.

r3buzx6uh5gcif57z5in.jpg

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Yeah, I think a single manual DMC-76 would be more appealing. Better over-all controller for anything else you may need. Also full Gemini palette of sound engines.

Also thinking, given the amount of time they're putting in on electric piano sounds... Should they do a Mojo73 they might consider offering it with a TP-40L rather than TP-8O or TP-9.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yeah, I think a single manual DMC-76 would be more appealing. Better over-all controller for anything else you may need. Also full Gemini palette of sound engines.

I second the motion :drool: Will the ayes have it so?

With an Add-On 61 note, Mojo weighted keybed with mounts that allow it to be attached directly to the DMC-76.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Does anybody have the real insight into what Crumar/GSI is announcing as their new product?

Yes. And he is a member of this forum. And a moderator. And our fearless leader. :idea::wave::taz::cop:

:puff::w00t:

Of course, there's two other (Italian) forum members who have even more insight than I do....but they ain't talking either. :hand:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Of course, there's two other (Italian) forum members who have even more insight than I do....but they ain't talking either. :hand:

il_340x270.563257761_2k7x.jpg

Sew Crates. :2thu:

dB

haha, very clever :D

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

As long as we're dreaming/speculating here, what about the long-requested double manual board with dual DSP a hybrid DMC-122/Gemini with a Mojo61 light waterfall keyboard on top, weighted hammer action on the bottom.

Here for the gear.

I'd like to see a Mojo 122. Basically a hybrid of the DMC 122 with a Gemini and a Mojo 61. The traditional styling and look of the Mojo dual manual (along with the modified keybed) but also the dual DSP and some of the additional controls and sounds of the DMC 122 with the Gemini. The display of the Gemini desktop and rack module would be good to see what sound you've got assigned to each DSP (and therefore each manual).

It'd be a like a Hammond SK2 but hopefully cheaper and with the sound of VB3 version 2.

Nord Electro 6D 61, Wurlitzer EP200A, Neo Mini Vent, EV ZLX12P, QSC CP8.

Archived