Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How can you print EVERYthing on a webpage

I use Mozilla 1.6 or IE 6.02. I want to print a page but there must be some HTML code they are using that strips the images and menu and stuff cuz all it prints is the main stuff. How can I print the page with the graphics and menus?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you give me an example of a page that has this code? Are you sure it's not your prefs?

If you really need it to be exactly like you see it (text will rewrap to fit when printed), you could always take a screenshot and print THAT out.

"For instance" is not proof.

This works under Win98 at least:

- hold alt +prtsc (print screen) at the same time

- open "paint"

- ctrl+v (paste it from clipboard to paint)

- now save it as a bitmap, or print it....

Hope that works for you.

-kid music

Originally posted by kid music:

This works under Win98 at least:

- hold alt +prtsc (print screen) at the same time

- open "paint"

- ctrl+v (paste it from clipboard to paint)

- now save it as a bitmap, or print it....

Hope that works for you.

-kid music

I already tried that and it doesn't work on this computer. I tried every combo I could think of.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

printscreen grabs the entire screen

alt+printscreen grabs the active window.

Try the whole screen version instead. Size the browser window so that it is all visible, but you can click on the desktop. That will get around any code they have that disable the command within the browser.

Also, so you don't have to crop the pic in MSPAINT, within MSPAINT, change the 'attributes' to 10x10. That way, the default canvas ( image) size is small, and the paste command will force it to size to fit.

kid music's way works fine, but don't hit the alt key...just print screen. The alt combo usually works fine, but if you are having trouble, try hitting just the prt scrn key, and then paste it into word or paint and print.

This is, however, a sloppy solution, but there are some sneaky tags in this page that seem to prevent the printing of the sidebars. I'll look into it more tomorrow when I have time.

"For instance" is not proof.

Just hit "Save As" under file. There you will see a Window with some options. The option you want is "Save as type". I guess you should chose Web page complete. Once you save the page it could be printed. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived