Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Duh, I finally read the manual on my SK-1

doctorpong

So I've had my SK-1 73 for a year, and decided to really read the manual. It turns out that the default setting for the output is "stereo", and I've been playing out just left output all the time. When I played at the local Blues Jam through FOH last night with the output set on "mono" through the left output, it did seem to sound fuller although may be just my imagination. (I know, a stereotypical guy thing to do, not read a manual)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this for sure for sure? If so I too am a colossal doofus as I run it just out of the Left output all the time and had assumed it was summing to Mono.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

The XK1c also has this "Audio Mode" setting. The manual says:

----------

Stereo: Use when this keyboard is connected in stereo. You can get the maximum stereophonic sound effects.

Mono: Use when this keyboard is connected in mono. Though it makes no stereophonic sound effects, it avoids "drop out" by sounding opposite channel.

----------

Presumably any stereo effect would be present only with the internal Leslie (or some of the extra voices and effects on the SK series; e.g., Auto Pan). However, with the internal Leslie on my XK1c, I can't hear any difference when I switch between Stereo and Mono, and whether I use the Left or Right output.

Archived