Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Saving Portamento Settings on the PX5s

Guys, I can't watch anymore videos right now that aim to tell me everything about the instrument but never seem to answer the one stupid question I so desperately need answered.

I have a Stage Setting all set up with an electric piano sound. I saved that and it worked.

I added portamento and saved that the same way--hitting 'write' and then 'yes' when asked if I want to override the old setting.

It's fine till I change Stage Settings and then return--correct sound but portamento is off again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two parameters. Portamento On/Off then Portamento Time.

What I suspect you're not saying is that you're changing the portamento time from a knob or slider, then hitting WRITE to save the Stage Setting. It won't get stored in this case. The knob/slider is just offsetting the original value but won't change the value when you press WRITE.

Edit the tone, adjust the portamento time to your desired amount then Write the Stage Setting.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

"I would contact Mike Martin directly."

Really? Why? I know he's usually around, but there are lots of other owners hanging here.

Thanks, Mike--I answered on FB but that wasn't what I was doing. And by saying 'Write the stage setting' that means exiting the edit screen and then going back in, right? Is there a shortcut for that?

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

"I would contact Mike Martin directly."

Really? Why? I know he's usually around, but there are lots of other owners hanging here.

There are owners, then there is Mike. He's The Man.

I'm an owner, and I would not have come up with the proper solution.

Moe

---

Ok, gotcha. In that case, Matt, I still think it's good that I asked publicly so now you can reference the info. I'm absorbing all kinds of info from similar threads answered by non-official folks.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

Is there a shortcut for that?

No need to Exit. Press the WRITE button. Choose Stage Setting (which is the default so nothing to press) and press ENTER two times if you're not renaming or changing the default location. Doesn't get much faster than that.

-Mike Martin

Casio

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

The only reason you'd want to press WRITE and choose TONE is if you plan on using that tone separately in a different Stage Setting later on.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Archived