Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who has that avatar . . . .?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mentioned on another thread that I'm personally not fond of that avatar. If anyone has been around mentally handicapped people, they'll recognize the behavior. Having raised a mentally handicapped daughter, too many folks have a laugh at their expense. I'd rather laugh at a politician or other luminary who acts as though they're mentally handicapped, frankly.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Mats will probably be mad that I mention this, but if you right-click on any avatar, and then hit "Properties" you can see where the picture is from.

Just a little Wintel tip from a Mac user.... :P

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Mats Olsson.:

Botch, why should I be mad? :confused:

/Mats

Oh, you had discovered that great website with all the avatars you'd been using lately, I thought you wanted to keep it to yourself for a bit... ;)

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Originally posted by Tedster:

I mentioned on another thread that I'm personally not fond of that avatar. If anyone has been around mentally handicapped people, they'll recognize the behavior. Having raised a mentally handicapped daughter, too many folks have a laugh at their expense. I'd rather laugh at a politician or other luminary who acts as though they're mentally handicapped, frankly.

Same here, Ted. Laughing at handicapped people is low.

Originally posted by Bunny.:

Originally posted by Tedster:

Same here, Ted. Laughing at handicapped people is low.
Yep, I would call it pathetic.

Originally posted by Hanshananigan:

It looks like pure joy on that kid's face to me. I think it's actually kinda cute. :)

That's a good point...and many people with mental handicaps are quite happy people :D . Sad truth though, most people still see those that way and tend to want to have a laugh at their expense.

As to Jokerelli's note...yeah...parents shouldn't let their kids become that obese. In many cases like that, the parents are themselves obese, and habits like that are very hard to break. Their own parents may well have been obese, and so on.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Archived