Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy Birthday to me!

Today I'm 32 years old. Which is precisely twice as old as a sixteen-year-old girl. Jesus, getting old's hell. Anyhoo, I found this cool website:

http://www.scopesys.com/anyday/

It tells you everything, and I do mean everything, notable that ever happened on your birthday. I found that I share a birthday with Karl Malden, Reggie White, Bob Costas, Chico Marx, Louis L'amour, and William Shatner. Musically, I share a birthday with Stephen Sondheim (pretty cool, I guess) and Andrew Lloyd Webber (most definitely NOT cool). I also share a birthday with - AAAAAGH!!!! - Pat Robertson. So he's an Aries, too. Boy, does that explain a lot. :idea:

On my birthday in 1457, the Gutenberg Bible, the very first printed book, was first published. More noteworthy, though, as well as ironic, is that on my birthday in 1963, the Beatles released Please Please Me, and on the same day in 1978, The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash premiered on NBC.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy birthday, and thanks for the cool link.

And happy B-Day to my buddies Lee and Tedster... a bit early, but it's like holiday shopping - better to get in there early and beat the rush! :D

Ted, I got the PM... a suggestion? Use my private email - it makes getting back to you easier. :) And don't sweat it. And yes, I'll give 'em a listen within the next day or two. Looking forward to it.

(sorry for the thread hijack).

Originally posted by Lee Flier:

Hey, happy b-day, Jode! Another Aries, eh? That explains a lot of things. :D My b-day is Friday and I know someone else around this forum whose is, too. :) And Tedster's is comin' right up after us! Dude, we rule. :D

A-HEM! Do you mean to say that after 3 years you still don't know Ted and I are twins, separated by 10 years? (And god knows how many miles between New Jersey and... where were you born, Ted? :D )

We share the same birthday, though his year has a "5" in it and mine, a "6". ;)

Happy Birthday youngin'... er, Jode. ;)

And the same to the rest of you Aries'... Lee, Ted, my wife Denise (a week from today), etc., etc. :freak: )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

32, huh? Then I think I'll have someone say happy birthday to you according to your "advanced age":

http://us.st2.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/lyrickstudios_1785_2775491

QUITYERWHINING, whippersnapper! And show some respect to your elders, sonny! :D

Happy birthday, Jode. 32 is not old. I fell into that trap when I was 32, thinking I was old. Now I'm gonna be 47, and you know what? That ain't old either! Pretty soon I'll be 65. And that STILL isn't as old as 80.

Moral of the story...you're never old until you're ten years older than you are right now. And that never comes...it'll always be in the future... :D

Happy birthday! And you too, Lee, and twin brother Neil, and Denise, too! Come on out to the farm for some campfiring and barbecuing... :D

Oh, yeah...works for me, Phil!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

Happy birthday, Jode. 32 is not old. I fell into that trap when I was 32, thinking I was old. Now I'm gonna be 47, and you know what? That ain't old either! Pretty soon I'll be 65. And that STILL isn't as old as 80.

Moral of the story...you're never old until you're ten years older than you are right now. And that never comes...it'll always be in the future... :D

Yeah, age is relative. But as a 32-year-old bachelor, it probably feels a lot worse than it is. Of course, you don't work in retail at the beach, where beautiful girls who look stunning in their bikinis, not to mention looking old enough to go out with, come in your store and call you 'sir' when you greet them at the door. :rolleyes: Then you take a second look and realize they're, like, sixteen. It's bad enough feeling like an old man without feeling like a dirty old man. :freak:

Oh, for the days when anyone old enough to drive a car was fair game...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, all. If you're wondering what to get me, a cute redhead with a great butt will do nicely. And no, I don't mean an SWR.

"I had to have something, and it wasn't there. I couldn't go down the street and buy it, so I built it."

Les Paul

Originally posted by Jode:

Today I'm 32 years old. Which is precisely twice as old as a sixteen-year-old girl. Jesus, getting old's hell.

Look at it this way, pretty soon you'll be able to sleep with a girl half your age, and it'll be legal.

Aside from that, just remember:

Teenagers are gauky.

20-somethings are clueless.

It's your 30's and 40's where you finally start living.

However, After 50 there is no hope... :D

Oh, and you can also safely abandon any dreams you might have had of being a supermodel. You are finally too old.

Barring that, I say live it up man! Happy B-day! :wave:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

That website says that I share a birthday (Dec. 13) with Skunk Baxter, Ted Nugent, and Steve Buscemi! Cool.

I bet if I contacted them, they'd welcome me into their families like a brother. Don't you think?

Celebrities are used to being stalked, aren't they? :eek:

Birthday update: I did myself a favor and drank two bottles of red wine with a friend last night. Woke up feeling like refried dog shit this morning. My birthday present to myself? I reminded myself why I don't drink. :idea:

Thanks again for all the good wishes.

Les Paul

Birthday update: I did myself a favor and drank two bottles of red wine with a friend last night. Woke up feeling like refried dog shit this morning. My birthday present to myself? I reminded myself why I don't drink. :idea:

Yes Jode, but the friend you drank the wine with; did the two of you have good time while it lasted? ;) Sometimes the indulgence makes the aftermath a welcome experience. :cool:

Originally posted by Ani:

Yes Jode, but the friend you drank the wine with; did the two of you have good time while it lasted? ;) Sometimes the indulgence makes the aftermath a welcome experience. :cool:
Especially if some of the activity has a certain pleasure factor to it that is just sooo good, you never want to leave.

If I were in the same scene that my current avatar's using, I'd sure know what some of that action would be. ;]

Archived