Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Courtney Love

I missed the Letterman show last night, but I saw a bit of it on the news. :eek: And then she bobs someone in the head with a thrown microphone...

Someone please get that girl some intervention and help.

If she wants to screw up her life, that's one thing - but I worry about her daughter. :(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was a microphone STAND, Mr. O'Keefe. :eek:

The guy reportedly wanted to press charges in a bad way. Hmmmm, if that screwed-up collagen-filled drug-induced sorry excuse for a woman threw a microphone stand and hit ME, I think I'd do the same thing.

On the other hand, she might be fun to party with! :D

:cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Originally posted by Dylan PDX:

I'm sorry, but she's a crack whore.

Your sorry and she's a crack whore?Sounds like

a match made in HELL!!!!!!! :evil:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Is There Gas in the Car?:

On the other hand, she might be fun to party with! :D

:cool:

I doubt it. She showed up for one of my old band's rehearsals a long time ago before she was famous. She was rude and obnoxious (although in a somewhat charismatic way that made you want to pay attention to her, sort of like driving past the scene of an accident, if that makes any sense) and annoying. She's disruptive, and really craves attention and will not shut up for anything.

Courtney's made her way to where she is by the brute force of her obnoxiousness. She obviously learned at a young age how to command a room with her antics.

Her appearance on Letterman last night reminded me a *lot* of Angie Bowie. I did a one-off gig in her backing band in the mid-90s...while she was older (and a bit more mellow) she still had the power when it came to being the center of attention.

As for Courtney, I'll be surprised if she makes it 'til the end of the decade.

this house is empty now...

Originally posted by DARKLAVA:

Originally posted by Dylan PDX:

I'm sorry, but she's a crack whore.

Your sorry and she's a crack whore?Sounds like

a match made in HELL!!!!!!! :evil:

No, I'm sorry that I have to call her a crack whore because that's what she has basically reduced herself to :rolleyes: .

Originally posted by Alndlnbot:

It's too bad she didn't meet Sid Vicous a long time ago,things may have turned out different :idea: .I think she needs to be reminded that it's not 1977 anymore.

There's as much or more to be pissed off about now than there was in 1977.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by bluestrat:

There's as much or more to be pissed off about now than there was in 1977.

Of course there is,but being stuck in a time-warp musically and socially only serves to put you off the mark by 20 odd years,and being a drug abusing social misfit only serves to add fuel to pointless self destruction.What is she pissed off about,everything?The sad reality is when she succeeds in ruining herself(health/looks),no one even will bother to even look in that direction,much less care what she does.All I see here is self destruction,no message,no talent,nothing,just a wasted opportunity in progress.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

It's too bad she didn't meet Sid Vicous a long time ago,things may have turned out different :idea: .I think she needs to be reminded that it's not 1977 anymore.

I read in her biography that she was actually in London and met Sid&Nancy and hung out with the same people.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Originally posted by boosh:

I read in her biography that she was actually in London and met Sid&Nancy and hung out with the same people.
That doesn't make sense, how old was she back then, 13?

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

I just moved into my new house,...I'll see if I can find that book somewhere. I know for sure she hung out with the same people at the same places Sid & Nancy did . Sid died in 78 and Courtney didn't start travelling before she received a trustfund from her grandma in 1984 so The biography must be bullshit. I wanna know what was exactly written so I'm emptying stacks of boxes with books now.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

What is she pissed off about,everything?

Sometimes I am! Corporatism, what its done to the music industry, the Bush administration, the ignorance of the American people, the assault on the environment, the educational system, the jobless recovery, chemtrails, dumping our tax dollars into a pre-emptive war in Iraq that we're not getting out of anytime soon, gas prices............yeah it crashes in sometimes. :freak:

Steve

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

She needs to learn that along with talent, comes responsibility.

Skill comes after talent, and her skills are lacking. She can do better.

It's easy to rail upon her, but she was never given the skills to survive in the world that she now floats within.

I think that she's a talented woman who needs help.

Originally posted by Raymar:

Sometimes I am! Corporatism, what its done to the music industry, the Bush administration, the ignorance of the American people, the assault on the environment, the educational system, the jobless recovery, chemtrails, dumping our tax dollars into a pre-emptive war in Iraq that we're not getting out of anytime soon, gas prices............yeah it crashes in sometimes. :freak:

Steve

Preach it, Brother Beavis!

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Sometimes I am! Corporatism, what its done to the music industry, the Bush administration, the ignorance of the American people, the assault on the environment, the educational system, the jobless recovery, chemtrails, dumping our tax dollars into a pre-emptive war in Iraq that we're not getting out of anytime soon, gas prices............yeah it crashes in sometimes.

Steve

My heart bleeds for this poor unfortunate woman with seemingly no opportunities http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_violin.gif
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Sometimes I am! Corporatism, what its done to the music industry, the Bush administration, the ignorance of the American people, the assault on the environment, the educational system, the jobless recovery, chemtrails, dumping our tax dollars into a pre-emptive war in Iraq that we're not getting out of anytime soon, gas prices............yeah it crashes in sometimes.

Steve

My heart bleeds for this poor unfortunate woman with seemingly no opportunities http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_violin.gif
so you`re saying she should think, `I`ve got money so all`s right with the world?` come on...

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Sorry, but I have to laugh at that comment... with all her money? Come on! That's FUCKING retarded! I could buy some time with a guitar teacher, and actually write some decent songs with her kind of money. Love don't know the real world anymore... fried brain.

She certainly won't be back on any talk shows anytime soon (except for Stern's, perhaps, but even then...). Anyone remember Farah Fawcett's last appearance on Letterman? I thought she was high on drugs, but not as much as Courtney.

Yes....these are important issues to Courtney.

"I'm going to flash Dave my tits as a form of non-violent protest"

Stuff matters to Courtney... Courtney cares... http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/images/smiles/icon_violin.gif

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by Gulliver:

She killed Kurt and soon would kill herself.

Go Courtney, go!

I've been in a discussion last week about the subject and people say the fingerprints on the gun who was used are in a way that it must have been someone else who pulled the trigger.

Was it Courtney who shot Curt?

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

"I'm going to flash Dave my tits as a form of non-violent protest"

Stuff matters to Courtney... Courtney cares...

I don't know what's up with Courtney, if she's just going for some publicity, stressed from being in court with the possiblilty of losing her kids, or if the state of the world is weighing in on her as well, or too many pain relievers, or all of the above.

I do know that when I'm stressed out over things its more about my reactions to external irritations that trigger inner termoils. Then I have to look inside and see what it is.

I don't know if she shot Kurt or not, I do remember he had a serious heroin problem and was in a coma a few weeks before he died. Judging from that and some of his lyrics he was a little messed up. His success wasn't going to repair any of that, he needed help.

You shouldn't chase after the past or pin your hopes on the future.

Archived