Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The best 1st song from a debut album.

UnderGroundGr

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purple Haze on the US edition:

51XopVPfDOL.jpg

Foxy Lady on the UK edition:

http://www.resident-music.com/image/cache/data/mov/mar13/movlp725-500x500.jpg

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

"You Give Good Love" by Whitney Houston is a pretty good introduction to a momentous talent.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

"You Give Good Love" by Whitney Houston is a pretty good introduction to a momentous talent.

The songs on her first two albums are uniformly terrible...but her vocal talents were so immense that she made every one of those songs classics. No one else could've made anything out of those songs.

Robert Palmer's Solo Debut was "Sailin' Shoes"

[video:youtube]

Killing Joke's debut,

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

"Ants Marching" was not the opening track from that album. Perhaps you meant "The Best of What's Around," which is still one of my favorite DMB tunes.

Ooops sorry, Ants Marching is the opening track of "Remember two things" which although a full album, is an independent release.

You're right, their first official album opens with The Best of What's Around.

Both are great songs (and great albums), anyway!

"Chuck E's in Love" by Rickie Lee Jones.

Instead of the studio recording, I'll point to her live performance on SNL, which held me spellbound while watching it live on TV:

http://www.rickieleejones.com/lyrics/chuck.html

(click on the link on the right to see the video - it is low res, and has Spanish subtitles, but it doesn't matter - that's real live singing and performance, and SO cool)

Hardware

Yamaha DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1/Roland VR-760/Hydrasynth Deluxe/

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 5/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX

Archived