Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acoustic guitar simulator.

JuJu Kwan

I'm considering getting an acoustic guitar simulator. At this time I can't afford another guitar, nor could I justify one. Does anyone have any experience with a simulator?

Oops, stupid me. My Zoom ms50 has one and I didn't even know it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm considering getting an acoustic guitar simulator. At this time I can't afford another guitar, nor could I justify one. Does anyone have any experience with a simulator?

Oops, stupid me. My Zoom ms50 has one and I didn't even know it.

Let us know how you like it!

There was one in the DigiTech GNX4 that I used, in parallel with real-live tube-amps and some good pedals in front of both, with a band I was in. The "acoustic guitar simulator" in it sounded passable. I think these sound best and most convincing with a little reverb. When I used that effect, I sent the simulated acoustic guitar sound direct to the PA and monitors, and not at all to my guitar amp, unless I was trying to double acoustic and electric sounds simultaneously in parallel.

A very nice sound for this as well as real acoustic-electric guitars is to use a "plate reverb" style reverb and a little chorus (in my opinion, the best chorus for the job is the classic old- or re-issue- TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger pedal), ESPECIALLY if there's any way that only the reverb can be chorused/modulated, leaving the acoustic-electric guitar sound UN-chorused.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived