Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kennedy Ctr Honors Buddy Guy 2012 / Chapman, Raitt, J Beck

d  halfnote

Tracy Champan opens our little set here with an update on "Hound Dog" that she sneaks into.

Great harmonica solo but, more to the point, a terrifc gtr solo by...gee I dunno---who dat ?

[video:youtube]

Next Bonnie Raitt leads airbody in a tribute to Bluestown, USA.

[video:youtube]

However, the stars shine brightest when Mr Jeff Beck takes over.

Here's our boy Jeffy whipping that geetar mercilessly as he shadows Beth Hart's every vocal nuance. The vocal verse staring at 1:40 is of particular interest as she extemporizes but JB's just doin' a slow burn the whole time.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP8G95cFOpo

d=halfnote

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That happened FIVE YEARS AGO

I think the titles made that clear

Even then it was long overdue

Just glad it happened at all. I do not imagine the current administration honoring Led Zeppelin for their contribution to the arts. (Much less turning up for the gig & so obviously enjoying themselves while great musicians kicked out the jams.)

Scott Fraser

I lean that way, too, Scott, but y'never know.

Remember George Bush's aide Lee Atwater who was a amateur guitarist & jammed w/ BB KKing , etc ?

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntPlrnLuvp4

Trump's not known for his attention to any arts but ...

Honoree recommendations are accepted from the general public and the Kennedy Center initiated a Special Honors Advisory Committee, which comprises two members of the Board of Trustees as well as past Honorees and distinguished artists. The Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees selects the Honoree recipients based on excellence in music, dance, theater, opera, motion pictures or television.

d=halfnote

Don't be alarmed Mods! I'm not getting political.

But if I miss ANYTHING about the Obama administration, it'll be those little "mini concerts" at the White House like with Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon and B.B. he used to have. :) The man DOES have good taste in music!

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Fang, I gotta say that the recent "shift in power" isn't political but deeper & more along the lines of humanistic vs. craven selfishness.

THERE i SAID IT & we can all go back to the point of the thread w/ no further discussion.

d=halfnote

Archived