Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Worst Album Covers of All Time II

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by offramp:

What gets me about most all of these covers is: I always wonder where these people are now. I mean, are the Louvin Brothers signing over their car dealership to their grandsons this year, or did they set themselves on fire when their record sales hit 666 copies?

You learn something new every day. Apparently the Louvin Brothers broke up in 195 after Ira died :( I found this quote from their All Music Guide profile mildly disturbing:

"The Louvin Brothers' reputation continued to grow in the decades following their breakup, as their harmonies and hard-driving take on traditional country provided the blueprint for many generations of country and rock musicians. The Everly Brothers were clearly influenced by the duo, while country-rock pioneer Gram Parsons drew heavily from the Louvins' deep catalog of classic songs, recording "The Christian Life" with the Byrds and "Cash on the Barrelhead" as a solo artist. The Louvin Brothers and their music is truly legendary."

Who knew? :freak:

Originally posted by Roto:

You learn something new every day. Apparently the Louvin Brothers broke up in 195 after Ira died :(

Wow, 195? Them dudes is olde! :)

--

Rob

I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

After looking at the Chicken Coup de Ville record--which was very taxing, I might add--I think the guy might have a case for suing Kid Rock for copyright/image infringement.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Archived