Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sorry New York residents...

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

it's currently snowing out there

Is it? I haven't even looked outside in a while,my girlfriend is too busy entertaining me.After that i have to count a bunch of money before I lose track.Times are tough!!!!!! :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Alndlnbot:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

it's currently snowing out there

Is it? I haven't even looked outside in a while,my girlfriend is too busy entertaining me.After that i have to count a bunch of money before I lose track.Times are tough!!!!!! :D
Sounds a little nefarious there Alndln. ;) Would that be money that you did not have to spend on gas? :P

Originally posted by DJDM:

Would that be money that you did not have to spend on gas? :P

Is the smiley invisible? If so I'll put it back after shoveling snow and arguing with my girlfriend. :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

Phil: a 15-20 minute morning/evening commute. Think about it.

Ha! About a 100 - 150' morning commute. :P

Let's see, is that correct? Well, about 20' from bed to bathroom, another 20' to the kitchen for the morning coffee and about 100 - 110' more outside, across the patio and the back yards to the studio door.

Yup, that 30 second morning commute - it sure sucks. ;):D

Gotta admit, some people nailed me on the fires, mudslides, earthquakes, water shortages, electricity prices et al. I guess no place is perfect, huh? :(

We got 12" of snow here in Rochester yesterday and last night. No biggie for us though. We're used to it. We had a really, unusually easy February though. We expect payback even though January was so harsh. By the way, our January gas AND electric bills for our record cold and snowy January was $250... We know how to insulate here, too! :D Boggs
Check out my Rock Beach Guitars page showing guitars I have built and repaired... http://www.rockbeachguitars.com

Originally posted by Mark Zeger:

I don't think I'd enjoy living in an area without dramatic changes in season. I value Spring more after a tough winter

I absolutely agree with you! I look forward to those three days near the end of July every year. ;)

You were right, though. All is plowed, kids had school, back to normal.

Julie

Originally posted by Phait:

"Finally got some use for my brand new spanking snow thrower which I had bought on sale a week ago. Can't wait for spring"

How much did the kid cost? :D

:D:D:D

Funny but true! Nowadays you'll find these father and son(s) team knocking at your door, offering to shovel your driveway for money. I have a large driveway that can fit 6 SUVs and just imagine how your back will feel after shoveling all that snow by yourself. It's usually $25 a pop. But if it's a family of four like the one 2 months ago, then you have to give more. $50 was the best I can do.

The snow is now melting, so I went to get gas... today it's at $1.79.....as if I care, I got ya all beat, my commute is about 45 feet from my bed to my studio. On the way to my studio, I usually make a stop for coffee in the kitchen.

I drive an old Chevy Silverado pick-up truck that's a real gas hog, but I barely go anywhere, so maybe I'll use a tankful a month. Yawn >>> :bor::D

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by shniggens:

We NEVER bitch about precipitation here in Denver anymore.

Sunny days are nice until you can't water your lawn and the forests are burning down.

Agreed. I've been hearing people bitching that we had too much snow in February. Idiots.

Remember the smell that summer? I live in Wheat Ridge and there were days you couldn't see the street from your window, it was so smokey. Then, we had the 6 foot snow fall March, 03, that caved the roof in at my office (but at least we got to water last summer).

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

On the other hand, it's always a nice 78 here in Palos Verdes with our nice ocean breeze and green trees.

Well, when you feel like slumming it, roll down the Hill to Redondo. Yes, you people can leave the Hill. Contrary to popular belief, there is no magic force field around PV that keeps you people in (and people like me out). :D

- Jeff

I'll never regret leaving New York to return to California!!!

"Meat is the only thing you need beside beer! Big hunks of meat and BEER!!...Lots of freakin' BEER."

"Hey, I'm not Jesus Christ, I can't turn water into wine. The best I can do is turn beer into urine." Zakk Wylde

http://www.hepcnet.net/bbssmilies/super.gif

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_109.gif

Archived