Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New R&R Hall Of Fame Inductees

Originally posted by 20to20:

What exactly did he do with his Tele

at the end of "WhileMGGWeeps"...?

He did the same thing earlier and the camera caught it. He had a roadie right in front of the stage...at one point he faced backwards while playing and leaned into the crowd, the roadie caught him and he leaned on the roadie for a bit playing the guitar. Then at the end he threw his guitar in the air and you could see the roadie in front of the stage catch it.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phil, don't get me wrong - I like Jackson Browne and have for over two decades, and I own a half dozen of his albums. My point was that JB's peak period lasted maybe five years, and he wasn't the top dog on the musical block even then, while Sabbath and the Pistols defined and helped start whole rock genres, and their influence is still felt today. You can't pick up a guitar magazine today without reading a profile in which someone cites one or both of these bands as an influence; I can't remember the last time I saw JB so referenced.

Originally posted by ihategarybettman:

Phil, don't get me wrong - I like Jackson Browne and have for over two decades, and I own a half dozen of his albums. My point was that JB's peak period lasted maybe five years, and he wasn't the top dog on the musical block even then, while Sabbath and the Pistols defined and helped start whole rock genres, and their influence is still felt today. You can't pick up a guitar magazine today without reading a profile in which someone cites one or both of these bands as an influence; I can't remember the last time I saw JB so referenced.

Point taken. Hey, why do hate Gary Bettman?

My point was that JB's peak period lasted maybe five years, and he wasn't the top dog on the musical block even then, while Sabbath and the Pistols defined and helped start whole rock genres, and their influence is still felt today
Yes, but according to the RRHOF, Jackson Browne's had influence in the launching of Asylum Records, who later came to be the label of The Eagles and other GREAT ACTS.

Browne signed with David Geffens Asylum label in 1971. In fact, Geffens desire to show Brownes talent to the world is a major reason he launched Asylum, which would become home to the Eagles, Joni Mitchell, Tom Waits and others. Read the full article HERE

it is annoying how they edit this show all up. i guess they don't want to bore everyone with these musical legends. does prince play rock n roll? hmmmm, compare his soloing to keith richards...

Archived