Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Props Again to Quik Lok

CEB

The plastic feet of one of my Monolith KB stands are missing. ( My newest one. I called Quik Lok's support and they are shipping out replacements and some extras, free of charge. I have three of these stands. They have provided similar support in the past. I don't know what everyone elses experience has been but so far they have always been good to me.

Frankly the QC in recent years seem to be a little down but their after sales support has always been great.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quik Lok has been good to me sending free replacement bolts and other parts over the last several years. I guess at some point they cut you off as they no longer answer my e-mails. I would be happy to pay for new parts. I now lubricate all the bolts and they work much smoother and will probably last longer.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Last week I tried the "Contact Us" e-mail form on the website and I don't think it worked. I didn't get a confirmation notice or anything. But I called 1-800-877-6863 and worked my way through the menu system to Customer Service. Ask for Keyboard stand parts and they transferred me to Dave who they said handled parts.

I would have been happy to have paid for the parts also.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I know this thread is more about the parts & service but just a quick aside: the Monolith is an AWESOME stand. I picked up a 2-tier off of Craigslist for $50 & I absolutely love it! Just bought another brand new one since it seems they've stopped making them (I'll probably buy a third at some point.) Great to know the company stands by their products!

A few years back I was shipped a WS-550 that was missing one of the plastic feet when it arrived. Actually it was in the box, had lodged itself loose during shipping, but I didn't find that out until much later. I called Quick Lok and they sent me a replacement set of 4 feet free of charge even though I only asked for 1. Great customer service.
:nopity:

I have an older, discontinued Quiklok X stand, as well as an old Z-stand of theirs.

One of the feet of my old X-stand has gone missing, and I reached out to them via the Contact Us part of their web site, and they emailed me a response within a couple of days.

Despite me reading in several places of getting rubber feet sent out for free, they are charging me $5 for a rubber foot, which I am reluctant to do as the dimensions may not be the same as the original and the stand may still wobble a bit.

They said my original foot is available at Menard's, but I can't find it on Menard's web site.

Love the Z stands... have two in my studio.

Recently bought a third... arrived with a bent part. Easy to replace, but Quik-Lok insisted I send the whole thing back and get a full replacement. After dealing with the hassle of boxing every little part back up, I decided to just return it and went another direction.

QC has fallen off these days... and yet a simple fix was thwarted by a lazy Customer Service rep.

FWIW, I've never had to contact customer service for my K&M stands...

~ That guy

I wish they were manufactured in Italy still. I have had problems with the QL641 stand. Sometimes the teeth in the gear are inconsistently made. I always have had their stuff though.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Archived