Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tascam DM-24 & Logic audio

Hi,

I have some problem using my DM-24 console to control Logic audio. I sync'ed the two. Prob is whatever 1 to 16 console fader I move, it is always same first fader( track 1 channel 1) in logic that reacts...Same for pan !

What is wrong ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you assigning the faders to the channels? The default would indeed be fader one controlling channel one and so on. There are routing assignments within the DM-24's menu. Did you look on the TASCAM web site for an application guide? I recall there being one for Logic, or maybe I'm insane.

- Jeff

I read all Tascam documentation available without no success... It looks strange to me, I have no problem with rec arming button : channel 1 on DM-24 lights channel 1 in Logic and so on... but for faders and Pans only channel 1 in Logic responds.

I tried also using Hui emulation but it doesn't work...

I really don't know what I have to do...

What version of software do you have in your DM-24? Is it isn't the latest, make sure it is (you can download this from TASCAM). Older versions did not have HUI emulation or some of the controller maps for various software apps.

- Jeff

Hey Jeff, you heard anything from Jace recently? I haven't heard from him since his brief stint with us, and he used to be my main DM24 info source. For what it's worth, I absolutely love my DM24/MOTU 2408 combination with Logic. Lovely board.

Originally posted by GeorgeVW:

Hey Jeff, you heard anything from Jace recently? I haven't heard from him since his brief stint with us, and he used to be my main DM24 info source.

Yes! He's now with M-Audio. And yes, Jace was (is) The Man for all DM-24 info. He pushed Japan really hard in making it a cool box (to the point that I think they hated him a little), but he was relentless and it shows in the DM-24.

I saw Jace at NAMM, and at the Surround Conference a little while before that. He's doing fine.

- Jeff

Archived