Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Close-up of the Face on Mars

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I actually had the Richard Hoagland ( spelling) lecture on this on VHS. It was pretty interesting. Not compelling, but certainly worthy of some discussion. With as little as we know about our own planet, there has to be a million things we have yet to learn about Mars.

I know nature and the universe have some magnificent power we have yet to experience, but my .02 is that this is still a bit too symmetrical to be random. Just my humble opinion.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

I know I may just be a cat, but I've seen higher resolution pictures of the same thing taken by the Mars Global Surveyor and it really doesn't look anything like a face. Lighting has a lot to do with it.

I've also seen the same effect on Earth, such as the temporarily famous "Jesus Tree" in which the figure of Jesus seemed to appear on a certain tree in certain light.

This stuff just happens.

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Duddits:

I know I may just be a cat, but I've seen higher resolution pictures of the same thing taken by the Mars Global Surveyor and it really doesn't look anything like a face. Lighting has a lot to do with it.

I've also seen the same effect on Earth, such as the temporarily famous "Jesus Tree" in which the figure of Jesus seemed to appear on a certain tree in certain light.

This stuff just happens.

It's DESIGNED that way. It's like when Indiana Jones had to put the staff in the map room at just the right moment to locate the ark's resting place on the map. It proves that a higher intelligence is behind the design!

:thu:

;)

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by offramp:

I know nature and the universe have some magnificent power we have yet to experience, but my .02 is that this is still a bit too symmetrical to be random. Just my humble opinion.

That's what I was thinking.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

It's not really symmetrical. The shadow makes it seem that way though, which is kind of freaky.

The other day I saw a cloud that looked like a big dick, with two big floppy balls. I almost got my camera. But then, within a minute, the wind distorted it into another non-descript cloud.

Dooby Dooby Doo

Originally posted by Dan South:

I found this computer enhanced version . It has a lot more detail. It still looks like a face to me!

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10071000/10071270.jpg

*This* is the face on Mars? Looks more like a guy who just realized he forgot his hat.

band link: bluepearlband.com

music, lessons, gig schedules at dennyf.com

STURGEON'S LAW --98% of everything is bullshit.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Jackhammer of Love and Mercy.

Get yours.

Archived