Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Solving problems and climbing mountains. fixing thangs and reaping rewards.

Okay I got a gig. I cain't call it a job cause I ain't getting paid MONEY.

it's an acoustic gig in front of a big ol' store with noisey auto traffic and fast walking folkes and very little time to make a profound impression. So I have devised a way to work it.

I got my duo-medalist and some olde condenser mics. I had some plexi-glass cut to order and then put hinges on it for an open book type of sound wave reflector for the guitar mic which I have placed on a low stool. . I have used that old Radio condenser shack mic with the battery for the vocals with it's own plastic sound wave reflector and all the sound just stays right around the mics and projects very well even if I must say so myself.

I have everything run throuhgh a fostex fourtrack with RECORD and PAUSE pressed so the signal feeds through. I have a three sted dolbly onboard and have it manipulated for maximum effect on either speaker. . feedback is nil at impressive levels INSIDE and should not be a problem outside.

The folkes can SEE THROUGH the plexi so that should be fun for them to see my prize counterfeit hummingbird as well as HEAR it.

all in all a very nice and inexpensive solution to a major headache.

about twenty five bucks total.

I am gonna kill.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived