Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gathering Mainstage information

Bachus

I am trying to gather as much usefull links, video's files and such about mainstage, to put them on their own space on the web...

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/90/mainstage-resources-information

So where do you get your mainstage information

What mainstage links have you got bookmarked..

Currently mainstage information is spread all ovdr the place, and i cant find one easy place to acess all of that..

So i have created a mainstage section on the keyszone.boards.net i think every mainstage user would be served well with a single poace where to find links to all the information..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I frequent this forum:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17

and Brian Li's site:

https://brianli.com/apple-mainstage-tutorials-634b2e5d09d6#.h09qm2rmp

Other than that, it's experimentation for me.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Roland Fantom-06, 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

You could grab what is in this thread if you would like to direct traffic away from this forum.

Thanks for the tips everyone...

Its not my plan to directly direct trafic away from this forum... i just plan to give certain user groups a forum of their own... product specific posts tend to get buried deeply on a huge popular single forum like this...

So i added all the proposed links in my mainstage information topic, so it can all be found neetly in a single place...

Its not my plan to directly direct trafic away from this forum... i just plan to give certain user groups a forum of their own...

As opposed to indirectly directing traffic? Your new site appears to be a direct competitor to KC. The fact that you've built a large number of (thus far unpopulated) sub-forums for individual equipment brands doesn't differentiate it very much.

If I were you I wouldn't expect a whole lot of assistance from KC regulars in collecting resources for your new venture. There is a sort of etiquette about these things among proprietors of competing or overlapping forums. Of course it's fair to solicit contributions from people who actually sign up for your new forum, but piggybacking on KC traffic to build up your own is a little bit of a gray area, IMO. Best of luck with your new site, however.

The Mainstage 3 Facebook group is a good place to ask and answer questions. A lot of people who tour and use MS post there. They are not members of KC.

I try to answer as many Q's as I can there as well.

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Thanks, David - didn't know about the FB group!

what is this " FB " everyone speaks of ?

Is it the same as FUBAR ? or Feedback ?

(j/k) ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

foldback?

I finally figured it out

FB is a quick and clever term for folks who write in Font, Bold

There are groups dedicated to write in Font Bold and many are expert.

I kind of figured FB was not about Fat Beer. Most know about that ;)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

foldback?

I finally figured it out

FB is a quick and clever term for folks who write in Font, Bold

There are groups dedicated to write in Font Bold and many are expert.

I kind of figured FB was not about Fat Beer. Most know about that ;)

FaceBook!!!!!

:facepalm::D

Geeeze

David

Gig Rig:Roland Fantom 08 | Roland Jupiter 80

Its not my plan to directly direct trafic away from this forum... i just plan to give certain user groups a forum of their own...

As opposed to indirectly directing traffic? Your new site appears to be a direct competitor to KC. The fact that you've built a large number of (thus far unpopulated) sub-forums for individual equipment brands doesn't differentiate it very much.

If I were you I wouldn't expect a whole lot of assistance from KC regulars in collecting resources for your new venture. There is a sort of etiquette about these things among proprietors of competing or overlapping forums. Of course it's fair to solicit contributions from people who actually sign up for your new forum, but piggybacking on KC traffic to build up your own is a little bit of a gray area, IMO. Best of luck with your new site, however.

Actually it was the regulars of this forum giving me the idea that there was a certain need for specific brand and product specific forums...

Now being an open and honest man, i dont have anything to hide, so i try and be honest about my goals... and dont hide anything...

Offcourse the forums are underpopulated, as they have only been recently created... but with time and dedication and honesty that might change, there are so many products that have no real community on the internet, that with time, i am certain it might become home to certain communities..

With time, i am also quite sure people will come to learn our forums as a place to find keyboard news presented in an orderly manner... best of all, its free for all and there are no financial needs to keep the forum going.

Are we a direct competitor to this board? I dont think so, as people are quite happy here, there is no need to try and have these broad discussions anywhere else.. i think what we plan to do is a service next to this board... just like there are yamaha, korg and roland specific forums (which are not direct competitors to this board) i plan to offer communities for all the smaller brands... because i learned on this forum that many people kind of miss them..

Will i succeed? Only time will tell, if there is really a need for those brand and product specific forums...

What i am currently doing is trying to show people what these brand and product specific forums have to offer... just by offering links to information...

I hope this helps convinving you about my plans and the room there is for another forum next to this one, synthzone, and the big brandspecific boards of the big 3. And to make things easier, you dont require to sign up, you can just post as a guest for as long as people behave...

Actually it was the regulars of this forum giving me the idea that there was a certain need for specific brand and product specific forums...

Now being an open and honest man, i dont have anything to hide, so i try and be honest about my goals... and dont hide anything...

think what we plan to do is a service next to this board... just like there are yamaha, korg and roland specific forums (which are not direct competitors to this board) i plan to offer communities for all the smaller brands... because i learned on this forum that many people kind of miss them...

I hope this helps convinving you about my plans and the room there is for another forum next to this one, synthzone, and the big brandspecific boards of the big 3. And to make things easier, you dont require to sign up, you can just post as a guest for as long as people behave...

I think it's great to have places to talk about keyboards--the more, the merrier! And I admire anybody who is willing to tackle the challenge of creating and maintaining a useful forum for discussions on this subject. Perhaps "competing" isn't exactly the right word, but the subject matter of your new board does strongly overlap with KC, according to your own launch announcement:

"In the near future we will start promoting the forums as a new friendly home for all keyboardists where they can share information and experiences and ask questions."

As I said above, I think proprietors of strongly similar discussion boards ought to exercise discretion about helping themselves to one another's resources. You don't see, for example, the admins here posting on the PianoWorld or GearSlutz forums, requesting information to use in jump-starting threads on KC.

I sympathize with the difficulty of creating a critical mass of content to get a new board off the ground. The KC archives is free to access, of course, and anyone can make use of it in researching and producing original content. But that's a bit different, IMO, than starting a thread for the purpose of soliciting contributions you intend to use on another keyboard forum.

It's up to dB, of course, to say whether he finds your OP objectionable, and/or to provide guidance on this subject. Speaking for myself, I would say I found the OP in this thread to be at the very least disingenuous, since you did not clearly explain your intentions. No harm done as far as I'm concerned, but I appreciate the more complete disclosure you made in your follow-up post.

Archived