Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Phait's interview of some obscure producer / engineer guy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:
Originally posted by Phait:

Anytime! :freak:

Seriously, what type of stuff are you into? One of these days we're going to set up some gear shootouts and we're going to need some people to record for that. And of course, I want to host a couple of Musicplayer BBQ's again this summer, and would like to see some jam sessions going on this time around... to be recorded of course.

I'm considering a bunch of forum related stuff and I'm open to suggestions. But you really should come by and hang out sometime. Heck, it's only a couple thousand miles, right? ;)

Thanks again for interviewing me. You did a great job, and I hope you get to do more of it in the future.

"I'm considering a bunch of forum related stuff and I'm open to suggestions. But you really should come by and hang out sometime. Heck, it's only a couple thousand miles, right?"

This would be cool, I have family out there. But I haven't been to Cali since I was like 8! I'd make an effort to come out sometime though, definitely!

What a well-paced read...

You both did a great job...

Very articulate, Phil...

Our "up-bringings"

(as well as influences and circumstances)

are certainly similar...

BTW, I bookmarked the site, Phait...

Thanks,

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

It is the job of the interviewer to get the subject to explain things in a way he (the interviewee) has never before thought to explain them.

Justin, you asked some great questions. You coaxed some responses from Phil that truly show a side of him that I hope everyone gets to see.

Phil, whether you admit it or not, you are a humble man who is well-deserving of all the good karma possible. No, I'm not just saying this to get on your good side, either.

Cheers to both of you and good luck on future endeavors. Phil, if you need help setting up for that BBQ, you let me know, okay?

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

I'm glad somebody finally interviewed Phil. I've always had a lot of respect for him, and some of the questions were things I've wondered about but never would have asked.

We should open it up though, and see if 'Doctor Phil' will take some questions from the audience... :D

Maybe add the relevant Q&A into the original interview to make it an even more informative piece.

Also...

I have thought for some time that there should be a 'Bio' section at MusicPlayer. Something better than that little 'Profile' thingy you can click on. I would think an interview -or at least an excerpt- could be posted there.

Just a thought.

Hey, why don't you interview Lee Flier next. There's more 'Rockstar' in her, than there is in most 'Rockstars'. Lee's the real deal!

I'd love to see an in depth bio on her.

There are a bunch of other's around here that I think would make for some interesting reading as well. I'm not going to name names though... :D

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Originally posted by jlampson:

Justin, you asked some great questions. You coaxed some responses from Phil that truly show a side of him that I hope everyone gets to see.

http://www.neonflame.com/lurker/avatars/phil2.jpg

Would that be my EVIL side? Evil voice> ;)

Phil, whether you admit it or not, you are a humble man who is well-deserving of all the good karma possible.

:o:o:o:o

I'm fairly humble - because I really don't feel I have anything to be prideful about. Honest truth.

No, I'm not just saying this to get on your good side, either.

You're already on my good side John. :D

Cheers to both of you and good luck on future endeavors. Phil, if you need help setting up for that BBQ, you let me know, okay?

Thanks John - I'll definitely be taking you up on that!

Originally posted by Super 8:

I'm glad somebody finally interviewed Phil. I've always had a lot of respect for him, and some of the questions were things I've wondered about but never would have asked.

You're too kind! (yes Nursers, I know - you agree - he's too kind! :D )

Why not? Feel free to ask me anything you want... if you don't think it's appropriate for the forums, send me an email or PM. And if I don't feel comfortable answering on the forums, I'd probably use those avenues to answer, or just tell you I was uncomfortable with answering the question and politely move on to the next question. But my point is, you shouldn't worry too much about asking me questions.

We should open it up though, and see if 'Doctor Phil' will take some questions from the audience... :D

Sure, I'll take questions - but do not call me Dr Phil. :mad::D

Maybe add the relevant Q&A into the original interview to make it an even more informative piece.

That's entirely up to Phait, but if he wanted to, sure - fine by me.

Also...

I have thought for some time that there should be a 'Bio' section at MusicPlayer. Something better than that little 'Profile' thingy you can click on. I would think an interview -or at least an excerpt- could be posted there.

Just a thought.

Hey, why don't you interview Lee Flier next. There's more 'Rockstar' in her, than there is in most 'Rockstars'. Lee's the real deal!

I'd love to see an in depth bio on her.

I've been fortunate enough to have had a few extended phone conversations with Ms Flier, and I agree she'd be an excellent interview! Good call. Also Phait, maybe you can send Jan Folkson a PM and see if he'd be interested... he's the type of person I think you were originally looking for, and would be another good interview subject.

There are a bunch of other's around here that I think would make for some interesting reading as well. I'm not going to name names though... :D

Oops, I guess I just did... ;) I could also think of several others... ( hmmm Craig... ;) )

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Archived