Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord stage 3

Bachus

Any chance we will se a Nord stage 3 in 2017..

If they want to sell me a Nord stage 3 they need to

- add a bigger screen with more information

- add more memmory in both piano as well as sampler mode

- add all the Organs from the Nord C2d to organ mode

- add the whole synth section of the nord lead 4, with some additions like sample support

- add improved studio and preferably mainstage integration, maybe even support for VIP or NKS, and other advanced masterkeyboard functions..

Lets hope Nord makes a big step when (and thats the question) they release it..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha Tyros5 (76), Integra 7, macbook pro/mainstage

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- add the whole synth section of the nord lead 4, with some additions like sample support

I think that is the least likely of your items. Forgetting about price for a moment, I don't think there is panel space for it.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Any chance we will se a Nord stage 3 in 2017..

If they want to sell me a Nord stage 3 they need to

- add a bigger screen with more information

- add more memmory in both piano as well as sampler mode

- add all the Organs from the Nord C2d to organ mode

- add improved studio and preferably mainstage integration, maybe even support for VIP or NKS, and other advanced masterkeyboard functions..

I don't think you need you need to bother saving up for a Nord Stage 3.

I think that is the least likely of your items. Forgetting about price for a moment, I don't think there is panel space for it.

I disagree, if the effects section is moved half an octave to the right, and the real time controlls are placed left of the wheel and stick (just like on the lead)

I don't think there is panel space for it.

I disagree, if the effects section is moved half an octave to the right, and the real time controlls are placed left of the wheel and stick (just like on the lead)

Even on the 73?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

If they want to sell me one, they need to make sure the SW73/Compact model is not one inch bigger in any dimensions, nor one pound heavier... otherwise I will buy a spare Stage 2 EX SW73 on closeout and keep them running for as long as I can. My musical life revolves around the fact that I can fly with it in checked luggage without any extra fees - just barely within the weight / size guidelines in a gig bag placed inside a Pelican 1750.

They have a perfect record with keeping to this same basic form factor and weight for the 73 key models ever since the original Electro, so I'm hoping they know how many folks rely on it.

Would be nice to see latest-generation organ engine, a multi-layer capable sample format, and yes, definitely much more memory. I have a couple minor OS quibbles, but other than that, I love it just how it is. Definitely don't give a damn for a larger screen, especially if I have to give up any knobs or buttons. For odd gig where I need a more capable synth section, I can bring a module, laptop rig, etc., and run it from the Extern section. But I can get what I need 99% of the time out of the NS2's.

You know, come to think of it, it would be cool to have a place here where people could talk about what features they would like to see on a Nord Stage 3.

Definately.... it would be nice indeed for many more keyboards... there arent that many forums...

Maybe an idea to have a topic here for the major keyboards where people can discuss their wishlist...

You know, come to think of it, it would be cool to have a place here where people could talk about what features they would like to see on a Nord Stage 3.

Nord Plead.

Here for the gear.

Definately.... it would be nice indeed for many more keyboards... there arent that many forums...

Maybe an idea to have a topic here for the major keyboards where people can discuss their wishlist...

Yeah, because there's no Nord forum or Roland or Yamaha .... how do we survive in such bleak conditions? ;):snax:

I don't think there is panel space for it.

Even on the 73?

Well...here is my math based on rough numbers:

Existing Stage Synth area ~= 7.5"

Nord Lead 4 Synth area ~= 16.5"

So you need 9" more panel space to accomodate the Lead 4 synth.

Existing Stage Compact panel ~= 40"

Existing used Control area ~= 35"

So available space on a compact is 5"...which is not enough without major rearrangement of functions vertically (to save width). This doesn't even consider the fact that you also want a larger screen which I assume would eat at least 2" of width.

You could also make the whole board wider (ala the Yamaha Motif series)...but I don't think many Stage owners would be happy with that, particularly those who have the Compact models.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

Yeah, because there's no Nord forum or Roland or Yamaha .... how do we survive in such bleak conditions? ;):snax:

I was kidding.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I was kidding.

I know... but Bachus wasn't in on the joke, apparently. ;)

It's OK. I spend a lot of my time being the only one who thinks I'm funny.

I doubt the number is that high.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I was kidding.

I know... but Bachus wasn't in on the joke, apparently. ;)

It's OK. I spend a lot of my time being the only one who thinks I'm funny.

I doubt the number is that high.

OUCH, JOE! :facepalm::hitt::roll:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• 2 months later...

Well, about a month ago I tried to buy Stage 2 EX Compact, but they said it's not in production any more. And the reason is... you figured it out.

For me, as I'm interested in Nord Stage 3 Compact at the moment, one major wish is that they are still improving the SW-action. I know, it's a hard dilemma to get the best out of synth and organ action an combine them for a smooth compromise.

Don't take me serious, I'm just playing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: Hammond XK5-system, Nord Stage3 Compact, Crumar Seven, Rhodes Mk2; Hammond M44

I had a nord electro 3 and i never liked the keyboard both for piano/synth and organ playing...

If they try to modified as crumar did in mojo61 then it will be ok...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen,Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9,Osmose

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

The stage 2 ex 88 in Canada drop 1k (same price of the 73).

The 73 and 76 price wasn't reduced.

I bought it ! Even If I think that means the stage 3 will soon be here.

Enjoy it. It's a great instrument. Félicitation!

And welcome to a fellow Québecois...

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Popped down to the store to have a shot on the Kronos before potentially buying it next week. Had fun with all of the crazy sounds and playing the famous songs sounds. Didn't like the APs, EPs and Organs as much as my Nord, but they used crappy amps.

A stage 2 was sitting across from it. Sat down and went through the sounds: I started playing music. I didn't want to leave. The facts and data say 'Buy a Kronos, it's a great instrument, a great investment and will last you years. Also, all the big guys touring arenas play them. You'd be like them!"

However my heart says "The Stage 2 is beautiful and everything it doesn't have that the Kronos has can be supplemented by the FA06 and Logic X. Also why does who plays the Kronos matter: you don't play arenas."

It's like I'm in a love triangle in a film - the beautiful model that society says is more attractive one on side, with the equally beautiful though more plain and natural girl on the other who my heart tells me to go for. Then there's my wife standing beside us all wondering who costs more.

If I can get that floor model Stage 2 for B stock prices I may just go for it. If a Stage 3 is announced at Messe who cares, as stated above the 2 won't suddenly stop being a wonderful instrument.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

It's like I'm in a love triangle in a film - the beautiful model that society says is more attractive one on side, with the equally beautiful though more plain and natural girl on the other who my heart tells me to go for.

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Jennifer or Bailey?

Moe

---

It's like I'm in a love triangle in a film - the beautiful model that society says is more attractive one on side, with the equally beautiful though more plain and natural girl on the other who my heart tells me to go for.

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Jennifer or Bailey?

Betty. Not Veronica.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

it would be cool if the Nord Stage 3 would be like the New Mac book Pro..

everbody was expecting for several years, and when it finally came the 2012 was better than the new one .

Or like the Montage . years people for the new motif and the increment was minor

just go and practice your piano stop waiting for new toys

and have ready 5K for the Nord stage 3

www.ensenadatourguide.com https://www.facebook.com/ldstourguide

Will give tours for Keyboards :)

just go and practice your piano stop waiting for new toys

Who said they were holding off on practicing until they got a Nord Stage 3? I missed that.

www.stickmanor.com

Archived