Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

so is IUMA ever gonna fix their stupid server?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah no kidding...

The other night i downloaded all of ArrelSpencer's tunes again*

I had to use wget -c to restart the downloads because they kept timing out. they came in at about 1k/sec. 22 mp3s took 12 hours, so even downloading was a pain.

Oh well.... what can we expect for free?

*For anyone that hasn't heard arrelspencer's tunes you are truly missing out. The dude's got some great stuff. His tunes are melodic, heartfelt, fun, serious, and real. I was toadilly blown away when i sat down to listen.

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

December? You kidding me. Their servers have been down for at least six months now.

Unfortunately it seems they are all the way down.

I always prefered them to Mp3.com. It is a shame.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Iuma is down indefinitely. This was off of their own bulletin boards a few months ago in response to so many queries. I was very disappointed as they were my mp3 hosting site of choice for a couple of years. Funny how their banner and pop-up ads are working better than ever, while the upload service is done... :cry:

Sal:

You can edit everything on your page - there is just no server available to upload audio. I did recently change my home page there to indicate that I was no longer posting anything new and to re-direct to my new site.

The originators of IUMA have had nothing to do with it for a few years now anyway, so I guess it was just a matter of time...

Originally posted by DC:

So where is a good place to put your music now?

:confused:

Now THAT'S the million dollar question!

This is the downside of Internet music distribution. There are so many irrelevant places...and not enough major distribution outlets.

In time...it will be not much different than the old style record company model.

You will need to "know someone" to get your foot in the door...and any of the "open-to-unsolicited-music" distribution outlets will be for the most part irrelevant, if you are really looking to break into the mainstream...and actually "get discovered" or make some money. :(

Too many people believe that JUST because the upload their tunes to some “music site”…that it's actually going to get serious attention.

Promotion…$$$…promotion…$$$…promotion…$$$…

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Originally posted by phaeton:

Yeah no kidding...

The other night i downloaded all of ArrelSpencer's tunes again*

I had to use wget -c to restart the downloads because they kept timing out. they came in at about 1k/sec. 22 mp3s took 12 hours, so even downloading was a pain.

Oh well.... what can we expect for free?

*For anyone that hasn't heard arrelspencer's tunes you are truly missing out. The dude's got some great stuff. His tunes are melodic, heartfelt, fun, serious, and real. I was toadilly blown away when i sat down to listen.

And that is SO SO TRUE I still have his CD that he sent me in my car stereo and it's been there for about 6 months now. I spend 2 hours a day in my car so I must have heard it 300 times allready,.,....

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

And that is SO SO TRUE I still have his CD that he sent me in my car stereo and it's been there for about 6 months now. I spend 2 hours a day in my car so I must have heard it 300 times allready,.,....

I'm glad i'm not the only one that has taken a serious listen. :idea:

Our lil buddy deserves greatness.

WWND?

hey,hey!

You guys must be very kinde folkes to be so nice and all. Thanks for the goode wordes fellers.

Being able to share some dittys is way great beyond mere words.

Ive been meanin' to put some more tunes in the can and get 'em up on the web for you goode folkes. I got a slew of new and original and a few decently done covers ready to go.

ONLY the IUMA SITE has been really glitchey and glotchey of late. oy!.

I can upload there only it takes A FEW TRIES AND then I sometimes lose other stuff and NOW downloads are no longer showing.

The other stats work most of the time only no download stats. I wonder why?

I'm gettin more traffic these days at all my sites supposedly

and so I got a few/several more with stats and all where I may upload and keep track of the traffics of my original music files for SHARING with all you goode peeps, in case IUMA goes down for the count. .

yeah I been gettin' narvous about IUMA going down .

I feel it's a tax shelter type place nowe and thats the way they want it.

movin' on is the only option.

so I'm sorta kinda transferring all my files and whatnot over to new places to lank and clank from.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

HEY PHAETON!

why for are ye' havink to get all them songs again?

Wot hoppened to the first ones?

that is, iffen you don' minde me askin'?

I just(today) got my printer fixed and I've been burning copies of CIRCA 2004 and sticking labels and what not on 'em. . I have to send a few copies out any hoo so PHAETON iffen you wish I'd be glad to send you a twenty-one track disc of my latest and greatest tunes, dittys and chants oh my.

all me.

all FREE.

I'll gladly SHARE and give my music away untill I can no longer do it.

I am unable to squeeze any more music on the disc without possible damage to your players so twenty-one tunes is about all I can get on circa 2004 only be aware that CIRCA 2005 is comink soon. this will be all new musiks and reflections and flavors.

let me know if you wear your copy out BOOSHY mon'! you know I'll jet you a new one.

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Arrel..

Well, i have a lot of music stored up in a partition called (appropriately) /Music...

It started to get full, and i was deleting stuff, and i accidentally wiped out the directory that had the music from everyone here in it. :(

On UNIX, there is no "undo" when you delete stuff...

So sad...

But I had to snag another copy (i cheated and downloaded them from the stream)....

But yes, I would like a CD if you could spare one. PM me and let me know how you'd like me to offset the packaging/shipping costs.

And send me a picture dammit! I want to put a face to the riffs! ;)

I'd send you a CD of my stuff, but I don't have one prepared yet. It's one of those "i keep meaning to..." things.. but i'll let you know when i get to it!

WWND?

Originally posted by DC:

Try SoundClick there are many thousands of us there. I have been there a month. It's free, unlimited uploads (up to 10 megs per song) Occasionally busy, but generally pretty good. Of course, I'm only basing this on my observation of 1 month.

Jokerelli at Soundclick

Originally posted by Jokerelli:

Originally posted by DC:

Try SoundClick there are many thousands of us there. I have been there a month. It's free, unlimited uploads (up to 10 megs per song) Occasionally busy, but generally pretty good. Of course, I'm only basing this on my observation of 1 month.

Jokerelli at Soundclick

www.artistlaunch.com

Paul and company have finally gotten organized and are moving forward on a lot of cool ideas and implementations. The FreeWorldRadio app is a killer - no mp3 player needed to stream audio - perfect for Joe Sixpack who doesn't know anything about this crap and just wants to hear some music!

Archived