Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: RIP Carrie Fisher!

HammondDave

Well, she survived Jabba the Hutt, but the big one (2016) did her in.

http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff374/hammonddave/carriefisher-a17d6da7-d68c-42d1-91b3-58232397a170_zpsknyavyjo.jpeg

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBIb6Fi99Sg

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who may not have seen it, be sure to watch her one woman show on HBO "Wishful Drinking" (below). It is terrific. She will be missed.

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

What can I say? A talented actress and writer that brought to life one of my childhood's most beloved film characters. Two young men race off into space to save the beautiful princess only to find she's their equal in every way and they'll need her help as well if they plan to make it out alive.

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2016/12/27/ap_880981496336_slide-3512f57d87a5500a42b9df447af9d679cbd20675-s900-c85.jpg

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Beautiful lady. So sad that she is gone. And only a year older than me -- this one hits harder than all the others. All these people cashing in so young is scaring the hell out of me.

Live your life to its fullest! Make yourself happy!

I happened to catch her monologue show maybe ... 3, 5 years ago, on HBO or SHO. fascinating show, very introspective, witty, self-deprecating yet humorously boastful. really liked it alot.
The baiting I do is purely for entertainment value. Please feel free to ignore it.

I give gold stars to anyone whose dogs are well-socialized, adding to the show. You have to love that weird tongue. Carrie was clearly a great dog-mama.

Even more gold stars go to anyone who is a good sport about appearing on "The Big Bang Theory," knowing they'll surely be lampooned a bit. I always appreciated her work, but shaking a baseball bat at James Earl Jones puts you in the Hall of Heroes! :roll:

"You seem pretty calm about all that."
 "Well, inside, I'm screaming.
    ~ "The Lazarus Project"

I give gold stars to anyone whose dogs are well-socialized, adding to the show. You have to love that weird tongue. Carrie was clearly a great dog-mama.

"Gary" is a great dog, tongue and all! He was always with her. He must be broken-hearted.

She was a delight and very authentic, fun filled and "very much tell it like it is" kind of lady at the sci-fi comic cons she appeared at as well.

When hubby's oldest daughter worked at Disney in Florida, she got her picture taken with Carrie. It is in a small magnetic Disney frame on our freezer. As heart broken as I am, step-daughter really identified with Leia and even dressed up on various Halloween nights as Leia.

This loss affects the whole immediate family here. Especially ironic that she was 60 and this happened the day before I turned 60.

Carrie . . . the force will be with you always. You are missed.

:(

On a more positive note.....

I went to see Rogue one with my 3 children (22, 21 and 13) in a movie theatre last night. It is only for a few weeks that Rogue one is displayed over here in the Netherlands and we found a date to go together ( my wife hates movie theaters so she stayed at home)

My daughter (13) is a starwars fan (has all this stuff in her bedroom like a starwars guilt) and her personal favourite is Rey (Daisy Ridley) from 'the force awakens'.

Althaugh she liked all episodes the last two are clearly her favourites by a good margin.

Reading the replies in this topic it becomes clear we are from another generation who slightly exagerate the achievements of actors, movies and also music of the past.

My daughter and sons are born in a different time and do not understand my musical taste and do not think the conversation lines between the old starwars cast was so much better than between the new actors.

The positive aspect i am trying to adress is that starwars was able to find a way into the hearts of a new generation, with a different taste and perception of the past they did not grew up in.

And it is good this way....... i even understand why 'a new hope' is kinda slow and boring compared to 'the force awakens'.

Nostalgia can be like a drug at times.....addicts use it to feel better, but the opposite is true in the longrun.

My daughter and sons are born in a different time and do not understand my musical taste and do not think the conversation lines between the old starwars cast was so much better than between the new actors.

You should see the looks I get from the younger folks when I say "scruffy looking nerf herder".

:freak::)

Archived