Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Non music gift you received

Song80s

00150094det3.jpg

Xmas gift from the wife. Its the Celestron 130eq

I mentioned getting a telescope once or twice this year- like searching for it at a garage sale.

with her perfect memory, she buys this for me. vey cool

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
00150094det3.jpg

Xmas gift from the wife. Its the Celestron 130eq

I mentioned getting a telescope once or twice this year- like searching for it at a garage sale.

with her perfect memory, she buys this for me. vey cool

Not as fancy or powerful, but more practical for bird watching & cruising. :) The adjustable zoom is a very nice feature.

nikon-8-24x25-aculon-t11-zoom-binoculars-black-8f4.jpg

[im

Not as fancy or powerful, but more practical for bird watching & cruising. :) The adjustable zoom is a very nice feature.

httpsptcorp.com/media/extendware/ewimageopt/media/inline/4c/7/nikon-8-24x25-aculon-t11-zoom-binocus-black-8f4.jpg

Nice gift !

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I got a wallet from my brother in law. He's a millennial. Apparently they're into this thing where the smaller the wallet the better.

So I open this gift, and it's a huge leather bag, with a thin leather strap... And I'm thinking, oh crap this guy got me a man purse. But then I open the bag and there's this tiny leather wallet inside. Barely bigger than a credit card. It's well made. Holds about 8 cards as it stretches out. I can see the appeal. No more big bulge on my lovely left arse cheek. But no place for cash. I guess millennials don't carry cash - Apple Pay or credit I suppose.

Anyway, I'll give it a try for a while. I don't know if I'm going to like it. Bizarre the amount of fine leather wasted on the case (what looks like a man purse). But I guess they had to give you something for what this tiny bit of leather and stitching must have cost.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

A Jack Tatum Jersey!

:2thu:

I found this framed and waiting for me in my bathroom.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/20/article-2664072-1EFA7C8200000578-475_634x752.jpg

My wife is a funny woman. :D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

BBQ is my outdoor hobby, so I got a bunch of stuff for that activity... A great remote thermometer, a 14" brisket knife, and a Japanese whet stone for sharpening my kitchen knives. Great stuff...

My in-laws gave me a gift card, so I'm going to get the NI FM8 upgrade (I'm still running FM7 via jBridge, and an update is overdue). I love that synth...

Sundown

Just finished: The Jupiter Bluff

Working on: Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

I don't really have anyone left in my life who give me presents except my kids, and they're only 8 and 11, so they have limited opportunity. This year, my son gave me some items he made for me in pottery after school, and my daughter bought me a pen and holder that says #1 Dad. Best non music presents in the world!

An even better present was spending the days leading up to Christmas decorating together, making cookies together, and making Christmas Eve dinner together.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Best gift I got was me, my wife and three kids hanging out together for several days. They're older now and have busy lives, but it's great when they make the time to head down to Florida to spend time with their parents.

The rest is just stuff. Although that Nintendo NES Classic Mini is durn cool.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

^

These little suckers were hard to find this year. I'm under the impression it helps to have a long HDMI cable to sit some distance from the TV to play, yes? Really enjoy those old games - and there's a great selection included.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Elmer, I had to purchase one on eBay, lost a few auctions along the way. Impossible to find one in a store. Yes, I mentioned to my son just today if we get a long HDMI cable he can sit on the couch and play instead of sitting right in front of the TV.
:nopity:

Am I analyzing Tim's response too much? Did he just get engaged? Or did his partner say it's ok he get a new keyboard? Or did he get her permission to order the NES Classic?

Yes.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Am I analyzing Tim's response too much? Did he just get engaged? Or did his partner say it's ok he get a new keyboard? Or did he get her permission to order the NES Classic?

LOL. Or maybe all three. :)

Most interesting for me was a desk-top croquet set from my best friend's daughter as a tribute to the times they came over to play croquet at my house. Oh, and a pair of La-z-boy recliners. I went to the store intending to buy a La-z-boy with 6 motor massage and all the bells and whistles. Turns out that is only available in smaller model chairs. After sitting in every chair in the store I ended up ordering the largest recliner with no electronics, no rocking, and no spinning. Just the wall hugger feature. But, it is big and soft enough to sleep in. A good feature for someone with allergies living in one of the worst states for allergies. When I cannot breathe at night I get in the recliner. I ended up ordering two. One I bought and one purchased by my sister as my Christmas present.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I asked. And she said yes.

Best gift ever. I've been married 32 years, most of them pretty good. I was lucky enough to find an amazing female. I think she was happy to find an amazing male.

May you have the same pleasure!

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Archived