Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

another reminder of whence we came & where we can go

d  halfnote

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised you also didn't include Stevie's version of one of Jimi's finest tunes.

I think a few others have covered it too.

Whitefang

?

That's actually

....version of one of Jimi's finest tunes.

Whitefang

Do ya ever get tired of playin' the plain ?

d=halfnote

More interesting to me than incessant guitar solo stuff.

[video:youtube]

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I don't know what's up with d lately( either off his meds, or on some others) but all I did was mention there are several covers of this tune.

Sure, the VAI version he posted is very GOOD, and I thank him for it. I wonder( and it'd be MY fault entirely) if he thought somehow that when I mentioned STEVIE'S version, and as VAI'S first name IS Steve, he didn't catch on that I was referring to STEVIE RAY VAUGHN, who also did an excellent cover of the tune. :) Like I said, MY fault for not using the FULL NAME.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I don't know what's up with d lately( either off his meds, or on some others) but all I did was mention there are several covers of this tune.

Sure, the VAI version he posted is very GOOD, and I thank him for it. I wonder( and it'd be MY fault entirely) if he thought somehow that when I mentioned STEVIE'S version, and as VAI'S first name IS Steve, he didn't catch on that I was referring to STEVIE RAY VAUGHN, who also did an excellent cover of the tune. :) Like I said, MY fault for not using the FULL NAME.

Whitefang

Naw, it was 'cause I posted that just before XMas.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2819172/Wrapping_up_this_week_s_series#Post2819172

d=halfnote

:D:D

I get that!

After working in an auto plant for near 30 years, I can assuredly tell you to-----

FORGET Monday and Friday. Just NEVER buy the car built the day before CHRISTMAS BREAK! It was usually "party central" in the plant that day. As much if not MORE dope and booze being consumed on that day! :cool:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

I'll second that Fang. I remember the day before Christmas in the plant. Around 10am someone would always start a bottle of hooch down the assembly line. The HR department tried to make the "lunch" alcohol free but the GM spiked the punch.

Back to the topic, I got nothong

I have a recording of Vai, Satriani, Eric Johnson doing Little Wing, simply awesome.

The Vai version up top of this thread is absolutely awesome his vocals are surprisingly good as well.

Of course I wore out a few tapes of Stevie Rays version, also great. I still have the Hendrix version on my mp3 player.

I think Vai is one killer player, and the solos on this version are stellar.

BTW, discussions of LWing itself, or the various versions, are cool but we got here is a consideration of the trajectory of our cultural musical evolution + what our roles & responsibilities may be.

[see co-thread = https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2822506/As_we_go_into_the_future_consi#Post2822506 ]

d=halfnote

Archived