Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Officially a Wife of an Organ Player

HammondDave

So we are driving to the movie theater listening to Deep Tracks and "Light My Fire" comes on the radio. My wife starts whistling Manzarek's solo note for note. How many of you have a spouce who can do that?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine can't, but she is a Hammond gal from way back. Last night she cleared a space in the living room for another one, and helped me strap the dollies on to bring it in from the garage.

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/hammond/diana_cruella.jpg

Does she have a SISTER?????

Yamaha C2, Yamaha MODX7, Hammond SK1, Hammond XK-5 Heritage Pro System, Korg Kronos 2 61, Yamaha CP4, Kurzweil PC4-7, Nord Stage 3 73, Nord Wave 2, QSC 8.2, Motion Sound KP 210S,  Key Largo, etc…yeah I have too much…

Moe,

Which of you gets to play through the Leslie?

It's like sharing a car....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Moe,

Maybe you've already done this, but can you describe the difference in the tone of those two Hammonds, played through the same Leslie?

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

The '63 is a rock organ. It's bright but not TOO bright, has great overdrive, and healthy CV.

The '55 is more mellow and introspective. It's also more quirky and uneven as the wax caps have aged and changed at different rates. The CV is quite gentle.

Funny. I still have my 55 and once had a 63 as well. I would describe the sound qualities exactly the same.

So we are driving to the movie theater listening to Deep Tracks and "Light My Fire" comes on the radio. My wife starts whistling Manzarek's solo note for note. How many of you have a spouce who can do that?

Hahaha, after Deep Purple Demon's Eye came on Planet Rock the other day my wife said "my God, I can sing all the Jon Lord solos..." That's cos for a few months that's all she could hear through the wall when I was practicing

Remember - you can make a record without an organ on it, but it won't be as good

www.robpoyton.co.uk

It's pretty funny. I started to whistle along with her... we continued through the Krieger solo and the 6 over 4's... we fell apart when Ray came back into the opening riff... laughing hysterically.

Archived