Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonivox Orchestral Strings 99% off - $1

Markay

Not sure that this will strike the same chord with Markyboard's rave bunnies but SoniVox Orchestral Strings is available for $1 at Plugin Boutique until 31st January for those who like to vacillate.

LINKY

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I'm reading this and wondering, what's the catch? I don't necessarily need it, but for a buck, why not!

Here's a Sound On Sound review of the larger collection that the strings are a part of:

Sonivox Film Score Companion

The bottom line that I gather from the review is that this is a paired down re-release of a very popular library originally released between 2002-2005 that has a great sound but is missing some articulations and current features such as interval legato.

At a dollar, it's a no-brainer for anyone who likes to score. The bigger cost may be the 9 GB it uses on your hard drive, but that is certainly a YMMV choice.

Thanks for the heads up, Markay! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Even better, once you buy it (or if you already own a SONiVOX product), you can upgrade to the full suite (including TimewARP 2600) for $69.

I already own over half the products and have blown my budget fourfold this season, so probably can't participate, but TimewARP 2600 is worth the price of admission alone, and there's enough still-valid material in the other products to be worth the total of $69 to $70 for the full suite.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Unfortunately, it appears from the info available at the SONiVOX site that there's no AAX version of TimewARP 2600 for 64-bit Pro Tools systems; but it looks like a great deal for those who have compatible DAWsespecially given the rest of the bundle (which does appear to be AAX compatible).

It seems a little like getting an older version of NI Komplete for $69.99.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I went ahead with the $69 full suite upgrade after all, as here's some rare world instruments amongst the collection that I don't have in other libraries.

Looks like a few handshakes will be required before I can get my download key though.

BTW it looks like Tony Coleman Drums may be excluded from the suite along with the new Volcalizer Pro. Makes sense that the latest products would be excluded. But it's a bargain any way you look at it.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived