Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Accomplishment Wednesday / PSA for preset junkies

Dr88s

No question in this thread.

I'm a total preset junkie. When I do program anything, it's usually tweaking a pre-existing preset. Programming sounds just seems so esoteric and, well, an art.

Last night I gave myself a project / challenge to recreate sounds from a classic 80s song starting from scratch. It took less than ten minutes of tweaking knobs to get 90+% of the way there on my NS2. It's really amazing what can be done on that board with just one oscillator.

This is just a public service announcement to the lurkers here who may depend on presets to go out there and get your hands dirty! It's much easier than it seems!

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there are many good sound designers who design presets for the equipment we buy, hardware and software based. First 2 that come to mind are dB and Jerry the K. Burningbusch also sells/gives away soundsets. I use their presets often and have zero problem with that. Just sayin'
:nopity:

Dave,

It certainly wasn't a criticism.

Trust me, I've benefitted from the kindness of others who have sent me board-specific patches.

This comment was intended to encourage those who may be too intimidated to try. I was really surprised at how close I was able to come in very little time with limited knowledge about programming other than basic amp and filter ADSRs.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Archived