Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reason + Nuendo?

I'm having a nightmare here.

I just bought Reason and installed it on the G5 and I can't get any audio to play through rewire into Nuendo without constant clicks and dropouts.

I've tried everything I can think of:

Buffer settings

loading Nuendo then Reason

Memory (600 meg free)

CPU usage is 20%

Nuendo audio plays back fine

Converting a project from 88.2 to 44.1

I'm going nuts here!

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by boosh:

Originally posted by Rog:

Oh, and Reason works fine by itself.

What helped for me is choosing a different asio driver in Nuendo and changing the latency from 2 to 5
I tried changing the buffer settings ... no use.

I'm using the G5 so it'ss CoreAudio instead of ASIO but thanks anyway :)

"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

Oh, and Reason works fine by itself.

What helped for me is choosing a different asio driver in Nuendo and changing the latency from 2 to 5
I tried changing the buffer settings ... no use.

I'm using the G5 so it'ss CoreAudio instead of ASIO but thanks anyway :)

Djeezz Macpeople yuk,... no just kidding,...

I'll try to find a solution for ya,...I'll be back

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Hey Rog,

Stupid questions first (probably about all I'm qualified to handle here), but did you check out the Nuendo Rewire guide in the Support section of the Propellerheads website? Not sure if that walk through may help you discover something you're doing wrong. It obviously sounds like it's either a Rewire or Nuendo thing.

I also found this thread in the Nuendo forums:

Rewire/Nuendo/Mac Issue

Not sure that adds much, but maybe it will be some help in tracking down the root of the problem.

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Ahhh. I never thought to try disabling the second processor.

If that is the cause of the problem, looks like I'll be sending it back for a refund :(

One other possibility,I seem to remember Nuendo having the option to share Asio drivers in it's preferences section.I think it was called "release Asio drivers in background",or something of that nature.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Originally posted by Alndlnbot:

One other possibility,I seem to remember Nuendo having the option to share Asio drivers in it's preferences section.I think it was called "release Asio drivers in background",or something of that nature.

I forgot to ad that to the list :)

I'm sending MIDI from Nuendo to Reason so Nuendo is the foreground App but I tried releasing it anyway.

I looked over Propellerhead's support section but I didn't find anything useful.

Tech support has been emailed, I just hope it's not something like Reason not liking MP setups!

If it didn't like MP, surely it wouldn't run fine on it's own?

Oops...not a mac user or even Nuendo user here...but somehow I think I once read something somewhere about Reason overwriting Nuendo´s rewire libraries, or files, or .dll, or whatever they are called with older ones.

Hope this makes sense and gives you a clue of where to look.

Originally posted by JoseC.:

Oops...not a mac user or even Nuendo user here...but somehow I think I once read something somewhere about Reason overwriting Nuendo´s rewire libraries, or files, or .dll, or whatever they are called with older ones.

Hope this makes sense and gives you a clue of where to look.

Hmm. No dlls on mac. I emailed Propellerheads first thing this morning and still no reply.

I like Reason, I installed it on my PC at work and it works much better than on the Mac so far (is this legal? I bought it, only I use it?)

Maybe I'm turning into a grouchy old fuck but I expect Reason to work right away, unless I'm doing something wrong. If I'm not doing something wrong then I'm gonna be seriously pissed off and I'll get a refund. I'm already pissed that I bought a Reason & Evolution U-33 bundle when the web site quoted specs for a U-33e

Oh damn, it is a multiprocessor issue.

I really like Reason but that makes it unuseable for me, I'd have to convert projects to 44.1 to lower the overheads so the projects will play back on only one Proc, do the Reason thing, bounce tracks to .wav files and import the Reason tracks back into the full 88.2 session as 88.2 files.

Funny, I can't find any documentation on this anywhere on Propellerheads site. Am I the only guy with a dual G5 out there?

Originally posted by bassix:

hehey long time no see boosh!

Yah man,...new home, new kid,....been kinda busy last months but now I'm back,..Even started working on new material.

Hey man,.. we have to meet up in the future and have a beer together with Sign,...how's his new studio? Is it finished yet?

I'll be in Amsterdam next Saturday :thu:

Damn Rog,...just for 1 day? I have an appointment on saturday... Was hoping we could have a beer this time.
Just from 12-6PM. I wanted to stay overnight but the friends I'm with can't stay that long :(

I'm only going for the coffee ;)

I'll be in Amsterdam next Saturday :thu:

Damn Rog,...just for 1 day? I have an appointment on saturday... Was hoping we could have a beer this time.
Just from 12-6PM. I wanted to stay overnight but the friends I'm with can't stay that long :(

I'm only going for the coffee ;)

Gimme a call if you're ready for coffee,.. I took the day of so I can meet ya somewhere.

I'll pm you my phonenumber.

If you don't have the time we'll do it another day :)

Archived