Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

About the DeepMind 12--what's the actual shipping date?

Synthoid

A question for those who pre-ordered the DM-12. Have you received any information as to when it will actually arrive at your front door?

None of the stores I've called have been helpful. :idk

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could remember the source that stated something about it "shipping by the end of 2016."

Wild speculation.

EDIT: Found it... "In his post, Uli says that the release has been slated for the end of 2016"

Linky: https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-deepmind-12-pricing-availability-announced/

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Even if the source were correct at the time, things did change. Could be any number of things, certain parts become unavailable, maybe a key part couldn't pass quality control, who knows? Better they wait and get it right.
:nopity:

And in the meantime

Not sure who these guys are but in the follow on youtube video they get into the form and function i.e. the keybed, wheels, sliders/buttons feel and other interface considerations.

Here's the direct link:

[video:youtube]

When my employer is releasing new products, there's a running joke when people ask when it will be released. May (but we don't say which year). I don't know if any of our products have ever been released by the time they were originally slated. There are so many things that can push it back, many outside of your control - like agency approvals....you submit to UL, CSA, CE, etc and basically you're stuck with their schedule. They test it when they test it. If they're busy it takes longer. You get the approval whenever they're done. Then there are supplier shipments, etc.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Looks like the Deepmind 12 is shipping already! Per Uli Behringer:

"We have already shipped several hundred DeepMinds from our factory and we are about to ship another 500 units within the next few days." (copy-paste from his posting at Gearslutz.com).

When my employer is releasing new products, there's a running joke when people ask when it will be released. May (but we don't say which year). I don't know if any of our products have ever been released by the time they were originally slated. There are so many things that can push it back, many outside of your control - like agency approvals....you submit to UL, CSA, CE, etc and basically you're stuck with their schedule. They test it when they test it. If they're busy it takes longer. You get the approval whenever they're done. Then there are supplier shipments, etc.

A bit OT, but:

When I still worked at the R&D departement of a mayor company designing electrical razors, release dates were holy. The investment in marketing was about 2times that of the R&D costs. No way delayed release was an option.

Rudy

Just saw somebody post of Facebook that the first 500 units are all shipping to Sweetwater and are en route now. Other retailers with preorders will get theirs February at the earliest.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Also at Thomann now, for us in EU.

The price tag at Thomann are a bit higher yet than I expected, think it will be a bit cheaper later on.

Want one, but don't need one.

I use to forgot that last part ....... :crazy:

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

Well, supply & demand, especially for a hot commodity with tons of buzz, and GAS pressures rising, means they can, at least initially, charge full price, and folks will pay it, however grudgingly.

Like the nifty new car everyone wants. Why discount if you don't have to? Some retailers may even charge a premium...and quite likely get it.

That is, until they flood the market with supply.

Archived