Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord HP 73 Players - What are you using for a gig bag?

TWizzle

For my Nord Piano 2 HP I have an unbelievably great SKB flight case. I could shoot a bazooka at the thing and it wouldn't break, it has solid locks, hinges, and wheels. Fits the Nord well, great for long road trips. But now that I live in the third floor of an apartment building, transporting it in that hardshell case for gigs around town is getting to be a bit much - it's heavy and a bit awkward to maneuver in the hallway, stairwell, and parking lot.

Any of you Nord Piano 2 HP or Electro 3/4/5 HP 73 users know of a solid, lightweight bag that fits well? I'm aware Nord recommends their wheeled $300 case but I was hoping there is something out there that fits perfectly, has low weight, no wheels getting in the way, and costs less.

My searches have only come up with this as the closest possibility, a Roland bag:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CBG61

But the catch seems to be that the internal dimensions are about a half inch short in both length and width (there is height to spare). Do I take the risk and buy it or is there something else out there my search hasn't yet uncovered?

Nord: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D

Casio: PX-5S

Yamaha: P-121

Novation: MiniNova, BSII, Circuit

DSI Mopho x4

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the 76-key "Slim" Pro version of that Gator bag with my E5 HP:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GPG76Slim

You're correct, the width of the 61-key is an inch short, and no amount of stretching will compensate (I tried it). So I switched to the 76 length, and just added a "bumper" of foam on one end, on the inside. The extra width allows me to pack my pedals and cords in the bag, too. According to the specs, the width is just a skosh too short, as well. But in practice, the ample padding in the Gator bag compresses after a little use, and then everything thing just fits very snugly. So you have to fight a little to get the bag zipped, initially. But after it stretches out a little and the foam compacts, you're good to go.

The "Pro" bag has backpack shoulder-straps, too. Very well-built bag.

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

The Gator Pro-Go 61 fits my Electro 3HP perfectly. It was less than $200 when I got it last year. It's a light and very protective bag, and has a big pocket in case you carry the Nord music stand or legs.

Although I've never understood how the backpack attachment worked. I think I'm missing a piece.

Gator Case Link

I also own the old style Nord gig bag without the wheels. It's very light, but less protective than the Gator.

Mike, the backpack straps both attach to the ring in the middle of the bottom side of the bag, then each one out to one of the two rings on the sides of the bottom.

My backpack strap is a single piece that would need to loop through something (kind of like a "U" shape), and not two separate pieces that connect to something at each end. I don't get how it would work. I've tried to run the strap through that ring, but it doesn't work.

I even made a short video to show the Gator people, and they never responded. I need to follow up with them.

Video Link

• 5 months later...

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I wanted to report that the Roland CBG61 bag I mentioned in the original post fits my Nord Piano 2 HP! Just wanted to let any and all of the KC brethren who play Nord HP 73 boards to be informed.

The board fits inside the main pocket completely snug on all sides - a PERFECT fit. Took a risk buying the bag sight-unseen but I'm glad I did! Bag seems pretty tough and rugged - we'll see how it holds up long-term but I'm feeling confident about its longevity. Carrying the Nord up three flights of stairs will be a breeze now.

DSI Mopho x4

Thanks for your report; the Nord site give the NE5HP as slightly longer than the Nord Piano 2 HP (8 mm :).

In your opinion, there a few mm of margins more, or you fill up completely with the NP2HP ?

Thanks,

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

The bag is very snug on my NP2, but I can't imagine 8mm would make a huge difference. The bag is going to stretch a very small amount.

DSI Mopho x4

Archived