Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A young Bill Evans video!

Keyboard posted this video on my FB. I've heard this George Russell tune before but never saw this live video until tonight. It just reminds me why I always return to Bill Evans.

Bills moments are at 1:42 octive solo

2:46 single note amazzzing solo.

[video:youtube]

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I thought I had heard just about all of Bill Evans' performances but not familiar with this stuff. Love the arrangement and great solo.

Now I am going to run out and search for CDs with this group. Any recommendations?

The rest he has... Only his hands are moving and making only necessary movements, resulting in absolute pristine playing. It sounds and looks like every note he plays, he does it exactly the way he wants to.

Rudy

Wow, I thought I had heard just about all of Bill Evans' performances but not familiar with this stuff. Love the arrangement and great solo.

Now I am going to run out and search for CDs with this group. Any recommendations?

This solo from All About Rosie is another from that era. 6:25 starts Bill's solo.

[video:youtube]

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

Amazing amazing

Anyone pick up on the masterclass on his rhythmic choices? I do not think I have ever heard a single note solo with so many changes of rhythm as Bill did.

I could study that non harmony solo just for the melodic rhythmic variety for a long while.

I took me almost to the end to notice the song title, a standard made popular by Les Paul in the fifties.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Archived