Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well, she was just seventeen!

http://tedster.net/lindsay20032.jpg

Happy Birthday, Lindsay!!!

(Snifff)...my little girl, the baby of the family, is growing up...(snifff)...she's still supposed to be playing with Barbie dolls.

(fade in "Sunrise, Sunset" from "Fiddler on the Roof")

All you dads out there with little ones...treasure each moment. They grow up way too damn fast.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday Lindsay!

Congrats Ted - you proud dad you! She looks like a very nice young lady. She's also quite cute. A word of advice? Get a good shotgun. I recommend the Remington 870. Nothing says "don't mess with me or my daughter" louder than the sound of a good shotgun being racked. :eek::D

Yep, Duke, she still plays guitar. She kinda runs hot and cold with it...she does enjoy it, there are so many things vying for her attention though. Which is fine...she's getting on the school thing...and I hope that lasts.

Yeah Phil :D ...

Thanks all!

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Happy BD Lindsay, & many more to come.

Tedster, I'd go with one of those chopped down 12 gauge Mossberg pumps instead of the Remington 870. Though the 870 is a great shotgun that short barrel & pistol grip will make 'em pay attention.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976223842.jpg

Gotta get one 'cause my daughter is that age now. :eek:

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by daklander:

Happy BD Lindsay, & many more to come.

Tedster, I'd go with one of those chopped down 12 gauge Mossberg pumps instead of the Remington 870. Though the 870 is a great shotgun that short barrel & pistol grip will make 'em pay attention.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/upload/976223842.jpg

Gotta get one 'cause my daughter is that age now. :eek:

I like Mossbergs too - they're good weapons. But you can get all that same aftermarket stuff for the 870... but I've still got a stock on mine.

I have that exact firearm, and when trying to shoot 00 buck as a learning experience with a pistol grip, I quickly REMOVED the pistol grip afterward because the KICK that occurs just ain't funny, ok? LOL A good defensive weapon indeed, BUT only in certain circumstances...uh....with a normal shoulder stock. Intimidating as heck, especially when you rack that baby!

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

But you can get all that same aftermarket stuff for the 870... but I've still got a stock on mine.

Phil, wouldn't you have to cut the barrel?

I had one of the Mossbergs some time back and the barrel on it was only about 18". Your 870 has to be, what, 28 or 30"s?

Lee, yeah, mine kicked like a mule. I took to 1 oz low level loads just to make it easy on a person to fire.

Sorry Ted,

Lindsay, you go girl!!!

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Originally posted by daklander:

Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

But you can get all that same aftermarket stuff for the 870... but I've still got a stock on mine.

Phil, wouldn't you have to cut the barrel?

I had one of the Mossbergs some time back and the barrel on it was only about 18". Your 870 has to be, what, 28 or 30"s?

You can get an 18" "Riot" barrel for the 870, as well as other various lengths. As a matter of fact, you can get just about anything you want for that shotgun. The Corps has been using them for years, as have many law enforcement agencies, so all sorts of tactical add on gear is available for the 870. Need tactical lights? Forestock pistol grip? Sidecar bandoliers for extra shells (got one of those on mine)? You name it - they sell 'em.

Yeah, let's talk about guns.............

What a very nice girl bud, nice picture too.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

The alchemy of the masters moving molecules of air, we capture by moving particles of iron, so that the poetry of the ancients will echo into the future.

Archived