Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: What you should know about dishonest people

Song80s

My Thanksgiving buzz is fading and its back to unusual topics ;)

Here is my observation;

Dishonest people think everyone is dishonest. Thats how they might rationalize their habitual behavior.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree and believe that also translates to other behaviors and opinions. Racists think everyone is racist. Liars think everyone is lying.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Most people have a tendency to be racist and dishonest incl. me.

Now please let me elaborate before drawing conclusions....

People who use ''white lies'', because it is according to them alowed in certain circomstances.But they decide when it's appropriate and when not.

And ''tarradiddle'' . In our music territory i have heard a crap load of nonsense and dishonesty when asking about new instruments....esp. salesmen of course.....

And most people who say they aren't racist don't mind other peoples skin colour, religion, sexual preference.

But the moment those ''different'' people become your boss, neighbour or equall in every possible aspect, many people exhibit a mild form of racism without realising such thing...seen and heard it in abundance.....

The next statement is a lie.

The previous statement was true.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I agree and believe that also translates to other behaviors and opinions. Racists think everyone is racist. Liars think everyone is lying.

I agree with that. And IMO, these folks have a very narrow and/or skewed view of the world they live in.

Could be lack of education or poor influences at an early age. But that is another topic- how dominant behavior (s) takes root.

[70's Songwriter]

Most people have a tendency to be racist and dishonest incl. me.

Now please let me elaborate before drawing conclusions....

People who use ''white lies'', because it is according to them alowed in certain circomstances.But they decide when it's appropriate and when not.

And ''tarradiddle'' . In our music territory i have heard a crap load of nonsense and dishonesty when asking about new instruments....esp. salesmen of course.....

And most people who say they aren't racist don't mind other peoples skin colour, religion, sexual preference.

But the moment those ''different'' people become your boss, neighbour or equall in every possible aspect, many people exhibit a mild form of racism without realising such thing...seen and heard it in abundance.....

I agree with all your points. And what you observe is common in our country.

It is unfortunate but I think its useful to be a 'truth seeker'. But that is another lengthy topic :)

BTW, lets not sink into deep societal issues. I was hoping to skim the surface of behavior vs expanding the context. You know, forum rules, etc

[70's Songwriter]

I distrust dishonest people and lie and steal from them whenever possible. Its my duty to get them first. You should thank me for my honesty on the subject.

I guess , according to that logic, I/we owe you something.

So,,,, thanks ;)

[70's Songwriter]

1. Avoid dishonest people or minimize contact at the very least..

2. We see the world as we are

3. There is a large continuum between not telling a lady who asks you how she looks or a person saying how do you like my new self produced CD and Bernie I Made Off with your funds Madoff. Do not call me a liar if I am tactful or choose not not upset someone who can't handle blunt assaults ( most of us ).

4. Racism talk today ( older guy here ) is BS I am sick of hearing about it.

We are brainwashed with it.

How dare anyone judge my "inner man"

We hear all the time... this guy has an ego ... yet when was the last time you met someone with no ego?

We all have ego.. self interest... we are almost all of us self centered

and if I have had non scientific, but nonetheless repeated experiences with a race.. that's my business.. none of yours.

Out of the box... I feel equally about ALL beings on earth.. But I have noticed ( my right to notice to observe ) some groups have certain tendencies... no biggie.. but calling me a racist about my observations.. you can kiss my grits on that one. None of your business, and you do not know or comprehend or have access to the depths of my mind or heart or soul..

We speak about others based on groundless "facts" that are ephemeral at best.

5. Mind your own business was an old truism that ought to be reinstated.

6. Political correctness is anathema to truth.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

5. Mind your own business was an old truism that ought to be reinstated.

All solid and wise points.

To expand on your #5. When it comes to my business ( my own small business), I prefer to keep a low profile.

This is opposite of babbling look at me self promotion on social media.

To clarify, I support thoughtful and factual promotion on social media where egos are in check.

[70's Songwriter]

It is unfortunate but I think its useful to be a 'truth seeker'. But that is another lengthy topic :)

BTW, lets not sink into deep societal issues. I was hoping to skim the surface of behavior vs expanding the context. You know, forum rules, etc

Thanks Greg C,....your latter comments are fair enough !

I am a bit flammable lately, because 80% of my fellow dutch countrymen defend black Pete (black face) in a way that almost make me puke.it is a red hot discussion (a children's feast during the fifth of december) right now and many relatives and friends take positions i find very disturbing and in essence racist.

Don't worry i won't continue,.....it is just that i can't believe what i am reading and hearing from people i consider(ed?) smart, intelligent and objective people......arghhhhh

Well at least it's reassuring to see that this isn't the only country with its issues.

Dan

Try something called wisdom as opposed to being merely smart.

Such as,' it was the best of times... the worst of times. it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity,'

Wisdom unlike data or info, or sound bytes or the news, has the wonderful characteristic of being universally applicable regardless of times, or places.

So stop with the surprise that your country (persons, groups ) is imperfect. We are all of one blueprint

and as such, are quite flawed. I do not like the bashing people do to one another, as if other countries do not have glalring faults too.

If you want to criticize, that is one thing but to speak obliviously as if other countries do not share in the massive pool of too human foibles, is not sound thinking.

Some failings worse than your country . And maybe some don't mind what you desribe as a fault... such as drivers (choose such a country, I won't !) driving too fast, in your opinion.

Life is what we make it, in spite of the rough spots.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I am a bit flammable lately, because 80% of my fellow dutch countrymen defend black Pete (black face) in a way that almost make me puke.it is a red hot discussion (a children's feast during the fifth of december) right now and many relatives and friends take positions i find very disturbing and in essence racist.

Don't worry i won't continue,.....it is just that i can't believe what i am reading and hearing from people i consider(ed?) smart, intelligent and objective people......arghhhhh

There is a strange element in human being's brains where if that's the way we have always done something then it must be perfectly fine, or acceptable or even the best way to do it. But this thinking is very flawed. I can understand someone being critical of a new idea, or wanting to see proof that the new idea is in fact an improvement before making a change... but not being open to new ideas?... very disturbing trait of the humans'.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

There is a strange element in human being's brains where if that's the way we have always done something then it must be perfectly fine, or acceptable or even the best way to do it. But this thinking is very flawed. I can understand someone being critical of a new idea, or wanting to see proof that the new idea is in fact an improvement before making a change... but not being open to new ideas?... very disturbing trait of the humans'.

Accurate summary,..... i feel the same way !

the following is MY opinion about the subject.

its all about the love.

wisdom comes from believing that.

and living that way.

first, value and love yourself. become fully conscious and aware of the magical production that you are. now, be open to seeing it in others.

this Earthly existence is a big school. we are all works in progress. we are here to learn how to use energy in constructive ways.

hating, racism, etc., not the way to happiness.

The Cognitive Bias Codex identifies 175 deficiencies and/or limitations in how humans think. We are riddled with these cognitive biases. If you think you're immune, you suffer from the blind spot bias.

Greg seems to be referring to the Projection Bias above.

http://ritholtz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/1-71TzKnr7bzXU_l_pU6DCNA.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Busch.

The Cognitive Bias Codex identifies 175 deficiencies and/or limitations in how humans think. We are riddled with these cognitive biases. If you think you're immune, you suffer from the blind spot bias.

Greg seems to be referring to the Projection Bias above.

http://ritholtz.comontent/uploads/2016/09/1-71TzKnr7bzXU_l_pU6DCNA.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

Busch.

very good stuff.

Ties into my next OT: Peoples that think they are prefect :)

[70's Songwriter]

I'm glad you feel the same about this issue as I do! Unbelievable that it is even a discussion.....

Rudy

Here is my observation;

Dishonest people think everyone is dishonest. Thats how they might rationalize their habitual behavior.

Doesn't this mean you are calling other people dishonest? And wouldn't that mean....

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

You should know that I'm only honest when I'm drunk.....which is pretty much all the time. Carry on,

Dan

Here is my observation;

Doesn't this mean you are calling other people dishonest? And wouldn't that mean....

I think it is irrational to randomly call people dishonest. I understand we have a society where much discourse amounts to baseless assertions.

In a reasonable world, we make certain judgement based on a preponderance of evidence. In the case of my o/p, I recently experienced a package theft on my property.

I consider that low life dishonest. I have also shopped for a new mortgage. I was assaulted by obvious ' misinformation ' and silly misleading sales tactics. For those that routinely engage in that behavior, I think their career choice is unfortunate.

[70's Songwriter]

You should know that I'm only honest when I'm drunk.....which is pretty much all the time. Carry on,

the best time to shop for expensive gear is when inebriated.

(j/k)

[70's Songwriter]

Archived