Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Revb pedal for kick drum stomp needed...

miden

Okay I an using a Petermann ( http://www.peterman.com.au/music/stompboxes/Bass-stomp-puck-pro ) kick stomp pedal and I want to get some reverb for it in a pedal format (mixer has no efx) BUT the rev pedal also needs EQ so I can dial out all the highs and boost the lows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just get a reverb pedal and an EQ pedal? Far more flexible solution, and opens up every reverb pedal on the market to your consideration.

Edit to add: you would probably have a LOT more luck posting this over in the guitar forum, given the subject...

That is what I would do. As far as actual pedal I like the Boss RV-5 a lot for pedal steel. EHX Holy Grail is a good basic verb. The guys at the guitar forum like expensive stuff. I'm more about proven stuff that is really dependable. I don't like stuff with PCB mounted switches. I no likey TC Electronics Hall of Fame no matter how good it sounds. Switches can fail.

Not sure what would be best EQ. A guitar pedal like a GE-7 or a bass EQ like a GEB-7. Behringer makes cheap plastic knockoffs of Boss pedals that I would Not trust for a working gig but they are cheap.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Thanks guys - @Sven yeah I think you may be right there. Two will probs be the only way (or the mixer idea from BF)

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

If you are looking for a reverb, the Strymon Blue Sky Reverb, especially for keyboards, is a thing of beauty. It has some ability to tailor EQ as well.

EDIT: I just saw that you need this for a kick drum, but I'll leave up my suggestion for this for a keyboard just in case it helps someone.

Archived