Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Instrumental lead sound chorus of "Dance the Night Away."

Barryjam

I'm in a one guitar band. I play keys, and we also have sax.

Gotta play "Dance the Night Away" as a request at a BD party.

I need help with identifying the sound of the instrumental lead that plays during the chorus. Sounds like guitar to me based on a couple of string noises I hear, but the rhythm chording of the guitar is so important, that the chorus lead part probably will fall to me on keys anyway.

How can I approximate that sound on a S90es (motif es sounds). If it is guitar, what guitar effects are used? I might even be hearing a layered sound? Doubling the part on sax is an option, but I'd like to program the sound close anyway. (the notes themselves are easy)

First chorus starts at 48 seconds.

Thanks in advance!

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would bet money that thats guitar. High voicings with his mxr phase shifter. I would use a bright organ patch with percussion to cover that. The part is pretty far back in the mix. Even a bright EP patch would work. Dont worry about covering the sound. Worry about covering the vibe.

FunMachine.

Agree with Moe on the harmonics

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I just sat down at my AP and played it as chords (Eb, Bb, Ab), rather than monophonicaly, and that's a beautiful approach too. I'm not gonna sweat the exact sound.

Thanks for helping me get there.

Barry

Home: Steinway L, Montage 8

Gigs: Yamaha CP88, Crumar Mojo 61, A&H SQ5 mixer, ME1 IEM, MiPro 909 IEMs

Archived