Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mojo 61 Amplification

Pigmeat

My Mojo 61 sounds amazing through headphones, but I'm having trouble getting the same great sound through my powered monitors used at gigs (or my home studio speakers). It sounds, well, very digital.

What are people using for amplification at gigs?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BB, what are you using for powered monitors and home studio speakers? also, what amp are you driving your studio speakers with?

I use EV ELX112P powered monitors at gigs, I'm not so concerned about the sound from my home studio monitors since I have a real B3/Leslie in my studio.

I haven't tried playing the Mojo 61 through my Vent II yet - I'll see if that makes a difference.

I use the same speaker with the Gemini table top (Mojo in a rack). Sounds fine to me.... I did move the "balance" control in the rotary to about 42 (less horn)....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

My Mojo 61 sounds amazing through headphones, but I'm having trouble getting the same great sound through my powered monitors used at gigs (or my home studio speakers). It sounds, well, very digital.

If it sounds fine through cans, perhaps there's an issue with Mojo's main output section, or a mismatch with the level expected by your monitors. Have you tried adjusting the back-panel output level controls on the Mojo to see if a different setting would affect the "digital" sound?

If it sounds fine through cans, perhaps there's an issue with Mojo's main output section, or a mismatch with the level expected by your monitors. Have you tried adjusting the back-panel output level controls on the Mojo to see if a different setting would affect the "digital" sound?

I'll try the output level control - thanks

Archived