Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

George Duke Masterclass series

Dockeys

Just picked up this a few weeks ago and finally got down to watching it this morning. Man, not only is he a master improviser and technician, the manner of his delivery really draws you in. Its like the two of you sitting down at his piano and just having a chat. His energy and passion is infectious throughout the masterclass and even though I've covered a lot of the stuff before I still find myself saying..."Oh yeah i'd hadn't thought about voicing it that way". It's great to have stuff like this to remember him by and it's equally great to be back in learning mode again! :) Check it out if you get a chance.
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw bit of it on Youtube over the years and tried find it but it was out of stock. Then I came across it again recently and bought it as a digital download. Can't remember where but i just googled it and its available as a download from here:

https://go.platformpurple.com/?e=alfred

You can probably buy it from a few other places if you search.I think it might have been coped over from VHS as the audio goes a little wobbly at times like the tape is stretching but nothing that you can't live with. Worth a watch tho. Mine came with a couple of pdf's with transcriptions of his chord voicings and various runs as the camera angle isn't ideal at times.

When I did that last interview with George, his engineer (Erik Zobler) had mics/lines set up at each of his keyboards so I was able to get him to sit down at each one and give me/us a mini-lesson on how he approached each board. But the links can be hard to find. Here they all are:

Dukey Lessons

Enjoy.

Jerry

Thanks a lot Jerry. Plenty stuff here to listen to. I've been analysing his riffs on the native instruments George duke Soul treasure vst. Some of his stuff is so complex it's nice to be able to break it up and see the mastery. Thanks again for the links.

Archived