Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LF Keyboard with Sequencer and Wav Export

ihasakeyboard

Hi, I'm really a guitar player but I like to use a keyboard for drums and bass in sequencer programs like Logic, that support virtual instruments. However, I would like to find out if there is a keyboard that has a built in sequencer so that I can use it as a drum and bass machine, and that will allow me to export the individual tracks as wave files. For example, I want to have the kick, snare, toms, hi hat, and cymbals on separate tracks, and I need them to be Wav files that are synchronized as stems, so that when dropped into a sequencer program, they all begin at the same point, and thus are useful as stems that I can send to a mixing house.

I have a Roland Juno DS88 that I just purchased, and it can only do 8 track patterns of 8 measures max, with no way to sequence patterns together. I am considering taking it back and getting a Korg PA900. The Korg has a 16 track sequencer, but it can only make midi files and mp3s. If there is nothing else out there that can make the tracks exportable as a session of synchronized Wav files, then I suppose I could play the audio out to my sequencer one track at a time and make the Wav files that way, but I'm concerned that it might not be possible to get them synchronized easily.

Is there a keyboard out there that will do what I want?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived