Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can you play synth or keyboard with the Beatstep pro ?

Dextroze

Hello,

I bought the analogue synth Minilogue a few months ago, being new to this world (acoustic piano player 'formation'). I innocently thought that I could do big sequencing stuff with it but in fact, I cannot really.

I have some kind of basic question because I never see that on videos, can you have a sequencer like the Arturia Beatstep Pro and record sounds, melody, chords FROM the external device and not the beatstep pro ?

If so how does it work ? I 'launch' the beatstep and then on my minilogue I play a line and it's recorded ?

Basics question but I only see people using the Beatstep from the beatstep as an instrument... But I prefer a real keyboard !!!

Thanks and I hope my question ins't too stupid :)

PS : If it's not possible, what can I do ?

Nord Electro 6D / Prophet Rev2/ Digitakt / Minilogue / Keyscape -

New video :

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The BeatStep Pro is strictly a controller. It doesn't produce sound or record sound. It stores a sequence of notes and plays them back using the sounds of your Synth, Keyboard or Drum Machine. It can control most CV/Gate, MIDI, USB, and Plug-in Synths. It has two monophonic step sequencers, a sixteen track drum sequencer, and clock sync. The BeatStep does not record chords, only single-note lines.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Thanks for the description of what is exactly the beatstep pro.

It helps me a lot.

In order to record loops with various synth or keyboard, is that the good choice ? Or a looper would be better and so...do you guys know a good looper ... Or thing that can do that ?? ahahah !!

New video :

Because I thought this was more o vocal looper ...

Many uses: Vocal, guitar, keyboards, etc. You can control a bunch of stuff via MIDI and has stereo line ins, so it was clearly designed for keyboard players as well.

Thank you very much, hope it is not too hard to plug several devices !

New video :

Archived