Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ok these ads are freakin me out!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHH................

.....JUST THE OTHER DAY I

WAS THINKING I NEEDED A EFFECTS THINGY.........................

.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I HEARD THE DJ TALKING ABOUT A DAVID BOWIE TOUR THE OTHER DAY.........

Wait a minute.............

I'd like to take this moment to talk seriously.

You should click on these ads because doing so helps support the forum's existence.

Or does it?

How would one know if by clicking on the ads you weren't actually giving out personal preferences as to what types of language you are most suseptible to in advertising thus furthering THEIR research and making THEM all that much stronger and you and people like you all that much weeker in the battle for control your own mind?

Perhaps it is not up to you.

Perhaps you have no control.

Perhaps you are being led around like a wittle puppy and being fed the cheapest food at the expense of your future health.

Or maby these are just some good down home people running fair community type businesses and want to give good service and product to their customers and in the hopes of building up a solid business based on integrity, stability, reliability and fairness.

Lets all click shall we and see for ourselves.

But if you get people like me that hate these ads and won't use them, but do the occasional burst of mad clicking on them just to generate some cash for the forum, that will give them totally false information on what ads work on me....

I assume it reads some information from the user's machine anyway as I get a lot of UK specific ads which wouldn't be of any use to the majority of forumites...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

The other fun thing is that it actually costs the company money every time we click through one of the ads to thier websites.

Sometimes up to a dollar for each click!

Don't like an ad? Click away. :)

---------

-Guruman-

Hey! Record Company In A Box! I know the guy who does their website and handles the online orders. I'll have to tell him I saw that in the ads for this thread. He'll be pleased.

Folks, if I was throwing a party at my place and I asked you to bring a six pack of soda but was providing everything else except the conversation, would that be too much to ask of you? The principle is the same. This site is free... clicking on one or two ad links or banner ads per visit - even if you do not buy anything, doesn't really cost you anything but about five seconds of your time and really helps to keep these forums online. Again, I hardly think that's too much to ask.

I think my only gripe is that they change too frequently. In other words...as I type this response, if I see an ad I'm interested in, if I click on it, I'll lose the response I'm typing...but if I go ahead and enter my response, the ads will have changed and I won't be able to find what it was that interested me.

Sure beats the hell out of popups, though...

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

I think my only gripe is that they change too frequently. In other words...as I type this response, if I see an ad I'm interested in, if I click on it, I'll lose the response I'm typing...but if I go ahead and enter my response, the ads will have changed and I won't be able to find what it was that interested me.

Sure beats the hell out of popups, though...

Dude

Right-click the link, select Open in New Window.

I'm counting that as IT support and marking it on my time-sheet :D

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Google scans the thread for keywords, and then tries to match them to websites it knows. All automatic... no Big Brother required. Sometimes it's actually amusing, as in the case of these true examples:

Fantom vacuum cleaner (spelled the same as Roland Fantom synth)

Ford trucks with Triton V8 engine

Volvo S80 (not Yamaha)

And first in the irony category: "Best Price on Electronic Musician Magazine!"

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

It's kind of like those ads that responded to an individual's presence in the movie "Minority Report" and called him by name.

Come to think of it, that name was "Anderton." OK, now I'm creeped out too. :freak::D

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived