Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

'90s setlist dance songs for weddings and other cover events

Barryjam

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the 90s too, and have never heard of most of the songs mentioned in this thread. But these must be big ones, since my wedding band does them...

Ants Marching (Dave Matthews)

Baby One More Time (Britney Spears)

Because You Love Me (Celine Dion)

Hard To Handle (Black Crowes)

Have I Told You Lately (Rod Stewart)

Meet Virginia (Train)

Never Gonna Give You Up (Rick Astley)

Smooth (Santana w/Rob Thomas)

+ some Alanis Morisette and Sheryl Crow

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I had no idea there were dance songs in the 90's... always thought of that decade as being all about the semi-acoustic singer-songwriter and alterna-rock scene.

When my 80's band was still together, we desperately tried to find 90's songs to add, fearful that we wouldn't last otherwise, but only found a few that were dance-worthy.

This will be an interesting list if it doesn't cheat by going back to '88 or forward to '02 or so. I've been wondering for some time if the GB band scene would ever latch onto the 90's as a "cover decade".

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Archived