Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: "I Don't Like Mondays"

MathOfInsects

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In all seriousness it's the toughest day as it's long. For people gigging on Friday and Saturday your body's bio rhythms have to adjust back to a different schedule. For me some Sunday nights can be terrible.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

In all seriousness it's the toughest day as it's long. For people gigging on Friday and Saturday your body's bio rhythms have to adjust back to a different schedule. For me some Sunday nights can be terrible.

I used to make what I thought was a joke, which was: "Did you know that 40% of all sick days take place on Mondays and Fridays?" Well, duh: Monday and Friday are 40% of the weekdays, so that's meaningless.

We all understand that here, because we are keyboard players and therefore smart. But out in the real world, everyone, and I mean everyone, would say something to the effect of, "That doesn't surprise me at all! So close to the weekend!" Etc.

"

I once mentioned to my wife that I bet half of all class was testing at or below the class average. I thought she'd find it funny, but she did not.

In one of the "golf quotes" books that my mother stocks her bathrooms with, there's one from maybe Sebe Ballesteros something along the lines of, "I wish I could play my normal game, just once."

A month or two ago, I complained to the check-out person at our local Von's, that a 12-pack of seltzer was $2.50, while a 24-pack was $5.99. She said, "oh, good deal. Do you want to grab the 24?" No, 12 are $2.50, but 24 are $5.99. "Yeah, they do promotions like that. Sounds like a good deal. Do you want to get the 24-pack?" Me: soul dies, I try to feel smug, but let's face it, it's sad enough that I'm a single middle-aged guy drinking seltzer, so she wins.

"

Archived