Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I don't like green beans

GregC

less and less green beans. I just don't like them anymore.

I've ditched all my cans of beans in the pantry. . I don't like them anymore.

When you're a married guy not having a crisis, what's a can of beans worth ?

All the other squashes and zuchinis have recipes that don't do it for me.

When I was married to a sous chef, that was fine. But I'm not anymore.

The thing I've discovered is that it's stupid to try to relive old memories of green beans. I'm alone with my spinach, onions and garlic. That's fine. I just wish everybody would leave my breath alone. It's a choice.....garlic and onion breath.

How do you broadcast that?

grbct14.5_16286_cweb.png

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get u some fresh GBs from the produce section, get 'em home, put 'em in something oven-ready, drizzle a little olive oil on 'em and roast 'em with bacon.

Fixed. :laugh:

skip all that nonsense. Just fry up the bacon :)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

bacon-beer.jpg

Best Bloody Mary I ever had was at subzero ice bar made with Bakon Vodka and included a strip of bacon in the Bloody Mary.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Fresh green beans pan fried with onions, bacon, garlic, and new potatoes are fantastic. We make a whole meal of this fairly regularly.

It's like chili and soup too - leftovers are even better the next day.

Moe

---

"I keep wanting to like it's sound, but every demo seems to demonstrate that it has the earth-shaking punch and peerless sonics of the Roland Gaia. " - Tusker

http://www.hotrodmotm.com

i'm a big fan of the classic cream of mushroom soup green bean casserole, which can be improved by adding...yes...bacon.

The simple green bean almondine is also a fave. I also dig 'em with butter and wasabi powder.

dB

And don't overcook them until they are soggy. Keep them crisp, grasshopper.

I normally agree with this 100% except...and maybe this goes back to my childhood....there's something about a pot of green beans (with bacon and onion) that's been sitting on the campfire for a long time until their soft and all that bacon and onion flavor has soaked in. Camping is the only time I prefer this - maybe just one of those things where it reminds me of camping with my dad as a kid.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived