Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Any Soundcraft M-Series users out there? Is this normal?

Hello,

I recently acquired a Soundcraft M12. Lately - I stumbled onto something odd with the master bus on this board and wanted to find out if anyone had experienced this or if I have a problem with my new board.

If I have any signal coming into the board with the L+R Mains outs set to the top of the fader travel (zero) and I turn my main monitor volume control to zero, I can still hear a very faint kinda crackly version of the signal. Same thing with the headphone jack. I kinda thought that off means off with these two knobs. Of course if I lower the L + R mains to the bottom of their fader length...I finally get silence.

Anyone else notice this? Should I be worried....or is this totally normal? Is it Crosstalk?

Any updates or tests from others would be appreciated

Cheers,

Cuzin B

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shitty, my old Alesis did that. Even with the unit off. Damaged circuit board perhaps. Tap on it very hard and see if you can make it better or worse. If so, it's got real problems.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Mine does it too - ever since it was new. I don't like it considering its not a POS mixer. I was thinking the pot doesn't close all the way or something.

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

Monkey House (and others),

Mine has also done it since it was new. I am still trying to determine from other Soundcraft (or any other make of board)users..if they can replicate this issue.

But - based on some other comments I received from other forums - I am starting to think this kind of behavior is par for the course....and nothing to really worry about.

Cuzin B

Archived