Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kronos 2 - remap footswitch jack to expression or volume?

Dave Osoff

Hey all,

I am trying to figure out how to remap the footswitch Jack on my Kronos 2 to act as a a 2nd expression pedal to control my Virus B synth. No problem using the 2 together in combo mode and adjusting levels via sliders or controlling either Virus or Kronos volume via expression, but ideally I'd like to set up a 2nd expression pedal (either an FC7 or EV5) for real time midi volume control of the Virus synth only and still have the other expression pedal available for the Korg.

I do own a Midi Solutions Event Processor + and tried a few programming strategies using the default cc82 on the footswitch Jack and remapping it to cc 11 and using multiple commands in succession to cover the 0-127 range of the expression pedal, but no dice.

also tried a few other tricks reassigning the Footswitch Jack to other destinations and then attempting to remap those, but the best I've come up with is getting my expression pedal to turn the volume of the virus on and off, but nothing in between.

Has anybody successfully done something like this with the Kronos?

Any Midi Solutions wizards out there who can guide me?

Of course another option would be the Midi Solutions Pedal Controller and if someone has one they would be interested in trading for my Event Processor + I'd also be open to that?

Dave

Nord Stage 3 Compact

Nord Stage 2 EX Compact

Korg Kronos 2 73

Mag C2 organ

UHL X3-1 organ

GSI DMC-122 

Radial KL8

Motion Sound Kp500S

Macbook Pro 
Falcon, UVI, Kontakt, Logic, PT

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know, the Foot switch input is an ON-OFF control only. No analog

See page 171 of the Operation Guide

You might want to look at the Behringer FCB1010 Midi foot controller. http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHFCB1010

Rick Stirling

=============

Korg Kronos 2, Korg PA600, MZ-X500, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar

Archived