Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Receptor- replacing the battery

Bif_

Hadn't fired up my Receptor for a few weeks and turned it on yesterday and got an error message, something about replaceing the CMOS battery.

Can I do this without fear of losing anything by unplugging the unit and replacing the battery?

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a Receptor, all bets are off lol.

Seriously though, it would be like any other CMOS battery replacement. You might lose some of those settings but it won't kill the box.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

With fingers crossed I replaced the battery tonight, a CR2032. Powered up, got the same error message again (dead battery). :taz: Hmmm.

Powered down, powered back up. All good. All seems to be working well. Still don't know what the battery is backing up.

I still need to clone that drive.......

the battery backs up the cmos settings, that's all.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

The CMOS chip holds all the settings about the attached components in the Receptor. It is a RAM chip that needs a trickle of power so it doesn't loose its memory while the Receptor is powered off.

Lucky we don't need a trickle to remember who the person is in the bed with us when we wake up on the morning.

MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

The CMOS chip holds all the settings about the attached components in the Receptor.

I didn't have to change anything and it still sees my mouse, keyboard, monitor, Ilok, etc.

Just glad it works.

Archived