Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I need a little help here

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there, first things first: how much are you planning to spend, what kind of music/band situation do you have, and what kind of computer do you have? That'll get everyone rolling a bit better. Cheers, Shiver
Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

well, if you're using a Compaq right now but plan to get a mac later, personally i would find a platform you like (Cubase, Logic, whatever) and get the inexpensive basic version of it for your compaq. Then if you like it, get the full blown Mac version when you get your laptop. So you know in advance, Compaq's are notoriously unstable when it comes to audio work and they can be very frustrating. As far as the synth goes, obviously you're into NIN. A Nord lead, Novation Supernova II, Waldorf or Access synth, something like that. You want lots of control knobs first of all. Heavy heavy tweaking is in order for that stuff to sound original. I would stay away from things like Tritons, EX5's, Karma's, stuff like that. They're much better for pop and stuff... Back to software quickly, Cubase is easier to learn, Logic can have a brutal learning curve. But ultimately, IMO, Logic is a better program (that's not a biased opinion, i'm on Cubase). Hope that's a good start, and i'll keep checking back if you have more questions. Cheers, Shiver
Rule #2: Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Archived